It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hepatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2013, 08:38 AM   #1
(female)

3wishes HB User
Can't help?

My brother was diagnososed in Nov.2011 with Endstage Cirrhosis and Hep c.He has continued to drink still.He is now showing ascites and has difficulty breathing.Already proven varices and vomiting blood because of them.He refuses medical treatment as of now.He is 45 and I have tried all I can to get him to seek help.I fear his days are not many more due to his lack of treatment and alcohol intake.Bakers Act would not be of any help except to bring on his hepatic episodes again.I feel as though,without any thing else I can do,I am letting him have his way and he is dying as I type.How much longer I don't know but not long at this rate.His ascites,although not diagnosised,is showing greatly more since last week.He is slow moving especially when having to climb a few stairs.His weakening state is telling me without medical treatment he will not be with us much longer.I know there is nothing a person can do for someone that doesn't want help.I am asking anyone what to expect next.Is there any thing that I should look for next.I have pleaded with him to let them drain this fluid but he tells me he is just not ready for them to keep him.This means to me he doesn't want to endure his doing without his alcohol.Any information you may share will be most appreciated.Thank You,
Sis

Old 02-18-2013, 12:51 PM   #2
(female)

3wishes HB User
Re: Can't help?

Ascites diagnosed and being drained today.He was admitted Saturday.I feel he has given up and his comment"my liver is shot"is his only way of accepting his condition.I wonder if he really understands his diagnosis or if he just doesn't care or is waiting to drink again so as not to think about his doomed state.Nothing more I can do as his sister except to tell him as often as I can I love him.Pray alot as I have been from the beginning of this torture for all concerned.I so hate to watch him die but this is what is has come to be.

The following user gives a hug of support to 3wishes:
lindaline (04-25-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread