It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hepatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2013, 09:56 AM   #1
(male)

Worried11114 HB User
19 with high liver enzymes :(

Liver enzymes high at 19 years old
Ok so I'm scared to death I went in for the normal std panal and it all came back negative for hep a, b, c, HIV, herpes 1&2, Sphyais, and clam, gonereha.

They ran igm and igg on all of these and all non reactive.

Now that is out of the way they said I was not immune to hep b that I need to be vaccinated for it, but when I was a baby I had the three series shot and was suppose to be.

My big concern now is with the results came back elevated liver enzymes. My alt was 72 and my ast 42. When they told me the results I was scared to death so I went back in a few weeks to get tested again on my liver enzymes and I got back the results today and there even higher. My alt is now 176 and my ast is 68. Now the person I had sex with has the vaccine for hep b and also got tested and she was all negative as will. Is there still even a chance if we both tested negative for hepatitis for me to have it?

Should I be worried about something else because I'm scared to death I have hepoitits and don't know much about it. Is my liver enzymes really high or can they be a lot worst?

Please somebody try and help me :'( I'm scared to death and worried so much. I am going to see a gi as soon as they can see me I just don't want them to tell me I have hepatitis :'( or something really bad.

Signs I have.
Abmonmen pain
Kiddney feels inlarged
Sometimes my poop is yellow like not enough bile
My liver does not hurt but to the left of it on my rib cage does.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2013, 02:32 AM   #2
(female)

equine7 HB User
Re: 19 with high liver enzymes :(

Hi I just signed up and came across your post. I have Hep C have had it for at least 13 years that I know of. I am 50 now and was diagnosed in 2001, prior to that I was an IV drug user and drank some but not a lot. the first time I had health insurance I took advantage of it and went and got a routine physical and the same thing happened to me with my liver enzymes coming back elevated. The doctor asked me if I was a drinker and I told him no but I did use drugs 15 years prior.
Since that day they wanted to send me for a biopsy and more testing, and looking back at that I should have done it but I declined and continued to treat my ailment alternatively and research the hell out of it regarding lifestyle change, diet, herbs and supplements and alternative treatments. As time went on the enzymes fluctuated and so did the viral load. I finally found out my genotype which is 1a and not very eligible for conventional treatment up until 2 years ago when they came out with Triple Therapy. So now at this point my liver is pretty damamged to the chronic virus atttack on my liver and I was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver damage..not good. I'm not giving up and I am still hopeful to get the treatment through the pharmaceutical program for free. It's a work in progress now. So with all that being said I would highly recommend you to have your GI Dr do further testing on a liver panel to check specifically for Hep C, viral load and genotype. Depending on your genotype you may catch this disease early and be able to eradicate it before it does real damage. BUT MOST OF ALL ELIMINATE ALCOHOL FROM YOUR BODY ALONG WITH ASPIRIN, ACETOMINOPHEN!!

Old 08-28-2013, 07:05 PM   #3
(male)

Worried11114 HB User
Re: 19 with high liver enzymes :(

I don't use drugs never have. I went to the gi he did a ultra sounds with a bunch of lab work and all came back normal and my alt and ast dropped. They didn't check me for hep a b or c because he didn't see any signs of it to check he says I'm healthy as a whistle and that I would show some kind of sign by 3 months if I had it. Plus my girlfriedm got tested at 3 months and hers came back normal which is a good sign. I did take a bunch of z packs and steroid shots because I was sick and he said that could rise it. He said also most people that have hep c are in the 1000's with there liver enzymes. Is this true? I had unprotected sex with my gildriend twice and she also doesn't use in drugs. They say hep c is 98% done through I've drug use so how would my risk would be?

Reply Reply

Tags
hep b, hep c, liver, liver enzymes