It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hernia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2003, 06:24 AM   #1

CLJones64 HB User
Question T1/T2 herniation with nerve root compression and foraminal narrowing

Just looking for anyone else who's had this problem and can share their experiences with me. My problem was initially thought to be cervical (C5/C6 and C6/C7), but after cervical ESI failed to give any relief, the MRI revealed more serious problems at T1/T2. Am scheduled for thoracic ESI Nov 7th. Am taking Neurontin for nerve pain, which I'm happy to say is working, but has given me the worst headache of my life.

I was told by my neurologist that thoracic disc problems are rare, and I can see by this board that they are. I have no history of back problems, and haven't had an accident to have caused this, so I'm at a loss.

My neuro said he's trying to avoid surgery any way he can, but if the ESI doesn't help, then a consult with an ortho is next. I saw where someone said that NS do this type of surgery as well as OP, but my neurologist said only OP do thoracic surgery. Should I look for a thoracic neurosurgeon if it comes to surgery?

Thanks in advance for any who share advice and experiences.

Carla

2 bulging and 1 herniated disc 09/03. Bulging at C5/C6 and C6/C7 levels. Herniation with foraminal narrowing and obvious nerve root compression at T1/T2.

Old 10-26-2003, 04:25 AM   #2
(female)

nanna02 HB User
Hi Carla

I replied to your Thorasic question on the Spinal Cord Disorders page , but I wanted to add here that I was always seen/operated on by a Neuro surgeon, never an Orthopaedic S. for my 3 Thorasic T7 T8 T9 Spinal operations.

I believe if your problem involves the Spinal Cord in any way, being compressed or damaged, , that as the Spinal Cord follows through taking messages via nerve pathways up to the Brain, I believe it would normally be operated on by a NeuroSurgeon.

Cheers .. Belle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2003, 05:51 PM   #3
(female)

nanna02 HB User
:BUMP: Belle

Closed Thread