It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hernia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2005, 06:52 PM   #1
(female)

Princesspeapod HB User
Incisional hernia repair

Hello, it's been a long while since I visited. I had an open resection for recurrent diverticulitis last year. Now I have a very large hernia that I have to get repaired soon. I'm interviewing a surgeon this week. Has anyone had it done and if so did you have the mesh put in. I just did a search here and saw someone talking about different kinds of mesh. I only want to have this done once so I'd like to make sure the doctor uses the best product for me. I dreaded the resection because of the pain factor and recovery time. Is this surgery anything like an open resection? It's such a large hernia that I doubt it can be done laparoscopically.

Goody2shuz, I was reading one of your posts and your story is very similar to mine. I'm glad to see you're still around.

p.s. I don't regret the resection, it was the best thing I could have done at the time. I'm just sorry I didn't heal properly.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread