It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hernia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2007, 10:23 AM   #1
(female)

chickie99 HB User
Question GERD, Hiatal Hernia & Chiropractic Treatment

Has anyone tried Chiropractic Treatment for their Hiatal Hernia?

I was diagnosed with a sliding Hiatal Hernia and told surgery is not an option.

I have since sought the help of my chiropractor who has offered me some relief.

Wondering if anyone else has tried this and how far along they have come with treatments and the results?

Thanks!

Chickie

Old 03-02-2007, 12:56 PM   #2
(female)

flashiid HB User
Re: GERD, Hiatal Hernia & Chiropractic Treatment

Hi Chickie, I was wondering what symptoms you have with your Hiatal hernia? Do you ever feel when you eat or drink something that you can swallow but when it goes down a little further it feels restricted? I have gone to two differnt docs. My symptoms are all over the place. I never have heartburn but now I am experiencing it and alot in the middle of the night not severe but mostly pain in my chest. Thanks for replying, Flash

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2007, 01:24 PM   #3
(female)

chickie99 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashiid View Post
Hi Chickie, I was wondering what symptoms you have with your Hiatal hernia? Do you ever feel when you eat or drink something that you can swallow but when it goes down a little further it feels restricted? I have gone to two differnt docs. My symptoms are all over the place. I never have heartburn but now I am experiencing it and alot in the middle of the night not severe but mostly pain in my chest. Thanks for replying, Flash
Well, I am starting to better understand what is happening to me now. I went to another 2 hospitals over the past 2 days.

I have learned that i don't just have regular acid reflux - i have bile reflux. i knew that what i had coming up on me was not just regular acid. i have had pains from my gall bladder area - upper right chest quadrant - by the bottom rib. - however my visits to the chiropractor and stomach traction treatments have been helping to reduce the severity of the reflux... at least I am assuming that this is what is helping. I have little faith in a PPI to have healed and corrected the reflux I had to terribly a few weeks ago. It was so bad I had to take carafate 4 times a day to keep from getting body shakes from the pain!

from the PPI's I'm getting dark urine and constipation.

also, in so far as the restriction feeling - i have that - its from medications - its called functional dyspepsia. you try to take like 2 bites and can't eat any more. feel ill almost and can't swallow anymore - either because the stomach feels full or the throat just can't take any more. it helps to eat very little bites frequently throughout the day and drink lots and lots of water.

i lost about 16 lbs in a month already from this nonsense. i just had a HIDA scan today too. I was reading all kinds of horror stories about the HIDA scan but you really gotta go to the right hospital to have it done. There's new and improved technology now and methods to doing the scan that eliminates the pain and nausea. I was not distressed at all. The table was uncomfortable to lay on for 2 hours but that was the extent of it.

Soon I will know if my gall bladder is to blame for my illness. I have yet to get an answer after 2 cat scans, multiple ultasounds and an endoscopy.

Last edited by chickie99; 03-02-2007 at 01:40 PM.

Old 03-02-2007, 01:42 PM   #4
(female)

flashiid HB User

Thanks for your reply. I am scheduled to have a baruim swallow we'll see. the doc also thought maybe gallbladder. So I will probably have that test too! This is driving me nuts.. Thanks again Flash

Old 03-02-2007, 02:01 PM   #5
(female)

chickie99 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashiid View Post
Thanks for your reply. I am scheduled to have a baruim swallow we'll see. the doc also thought maybe gallbladder. So I will probably have that test too! This is driving me nuts.. Thanks again Flash
I just got off the phone with my doc he said my gall bladder is working at 30% out of 35% (35% is perfect). so we're moving on to other options!

Old 03-05-2007, 03:15 AM   #6
(female)

IamNancy HB User

How did they know you had a hiatal hernia? I am heading back to the doctor today to see why I am having so much back pain and chest pain...

Old 03-05-2007, 03:46 AM   #7
(female)

chickie99 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNancy View Post
How did they know you had a hiatal hernia? I am heading back to the doctor today to see why I am having so much back pain and chest pain...
They did an endoscopy on me. The hernia is not painful but is caused from other problems.

Closed Thread