It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hernia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2007, 05:42 AM   #1
(male)

cappy7 HB User
Chiropractor and Hiatal Hernia

Hello,

Has anybody gone to a chiropractor to fix their hiatal hernia? I've been reading a lot about this and sounds very promising. Since this is a mechanical problem it is fixable. I forget the exact working, but the stomach is pulled down to fix the hernia. From what I've read, it seems like a fairly simple procedure. There are also some self help books that instruct how to fix this yourself. Very interesting. I always thought having a hiatal hernia was the reason I had acid reflux, but many people with hiatal hernias don't have GERD and people with no hiatal hernia have GERD. Again, very interesting. I believe having the hiatal hernia is causing some of my problems and maybe a few others. If you have a hiatal hernia and haven't done much research about it, you should. There is some good information out there.

Thanks

-Dave

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2007, 09:17 AM   #2
(female)

binkyholder HB User
Re: Chiropractor and Hiatal Hernia

Yes, yes, yes....it can be corrected by chiropractic! I was diagnosed in the late 90's with this.

Last December I started seeing a chiropractor/kinseologist. He manually started pushing my hiatel hernia down (it hurt...but it was worth the pain). Within a few adjustments, it finally stayed down.

I even had a Barium done in January and they said I didn't have a hiatel hernia. But the funny thing is now, I didn't have reflux when I had it and now that the hernia is corrected....I have reflux! Can't win lol

Good luck and let me know if it works for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread