It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hernia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2008, 02:20 PM   #1
(female)

newlife51 HB User
Question Incisional hernia after bowel resection

I am a new member and this is my first post, although I have been reading this site since December and have found it tremendously helpful!

My question:
I had emergency surgery for bad diverticulitis Nov 10 and my sigmoid colon was removed. I had 2 months on a colostomy bag, then my resection was performed Jan 16. All seemed okay after the resection (once my bowels stabilized) and then around March 25 I noticed a small bulge where my stoma had been. The bulge got worse and other bulges appeared and I started getting constipated again. Several Dr. visits, one CT scan and one simoidoscopy later, I've been diagnosed with an incisional hernia. It has been getting worse and I will see my surgeon tomorrow who is ready to perform the repair. At my husband's insistence I made an appt. with a Dr. at a hernia repair center at an excellent university and teaching hospital in a nearby city. That Dr. is at a conference, then on vacation, so i can't see him until June 10. I plan to tell my surgeon all this at tomorrow's visit but am concerned June 10 is so far off. Has anyone had this situation and will the hernia be much worse in 3 weeks??? I like my surgeon, but the other Dr. specializes in abdominal hernia repair and has excellent credentials.

Any advice appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread