It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hernia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2008, 01:55 PM   #1
(male)

xrox HB User
Diagnose me - Cancer or Hernia or Xiphoid ??

In the central line of my abdomin there is an elongated protrusion that is barely noticeable but can easily be felt. It is almost looks and feels like the linea abla itself is protruding which seems odd. Here is some interesting observations.

1 - It can only be seen and felt when standing or sitting

2 - It is not hard but feels more like muscle tissue type texture

3 - When lying down it disappears from sight and touch

4 - If I flex my abdomin it retracts and disappears from sight or touch

5 - When pressed on I feel discomfort like I'm pressing on my stomach

Af first I thougt it was a mass (cancer or benign) on my stomach or liver but it does not feel hard. Then I though it might be my xiphoid process enlarging but that too should feel hard right? My doctor feels it is a weakness in the abdominal muscle which is the beginings of a hernia. No diagnostic tests have been done yet.

Am I right to not be concerned about cancer due to the texture of this protrusion? Is it most likely what the doctor thinks?

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Last edited by moderator2; 05-21-2008 at 02:09 PM. Reason: please do not post pictures for any reason - as per the posting policy

Closed Thread