It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hernia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2008, 09:35 AM   #1
(female)

JLFPE40 HB User
hiatal hernia chest pain

I have had a hiatal hernia since the 1980's. It seems to progressively be getting larger and I now have chest pain under my left breast, left arm, back and upper chest and neck pain. It is dull and aching and sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night with the pain. I also have bad acid reflux and take prevacid which does not help any longer.

I do have mitral valve prolapse and high blood pressure which is has been under for about 6-8 years. I had a heart cath about 6-7 years ago and my heart was found to be ok with 10% blockage for my age (68). I do not get the pain on exercise or exertion, just any time it seems to come and go; however, my gastroenterlogist had me take a CT scan and does not seem to be concerned - he just prescribes more medications. Any one out there with the same hiatal hernia pain like mine?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2008, 06:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

FLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB User
Re: hiatal hernia chest pain

The only way to really know whats going on is to rule out all the other things and see what is left. Refulx and Hernia can cause pain and this pain is different for many. I would suggest an Echo Stress test and see how everything is going. Then there is not so much worry because this only adds to the reflux. Do you know how large your hernia is? I can always tell what my pain is from because later I will burp. I also have weird symptoms going on due to the anemia I had last year. But in my case I have ruled out so many things. At least I do know it is not my heart. Good luck to you. FLFLOWERGIRL

Last edited by FLFLOWERGIRL; 06-25-2008 at 06:16 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread