It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hernia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2009, 03:03 PM   #1
(male)

synchronous HB User
possible hernia

Worried about a hernia. About two weeks ago I lifted something about two hundred pounds twice in two days. The first day I carried it for two hundred yards, and woke up with out a problem. The next day I carried it up a flight of stairs. Both times I experienced no pain. Several hours after the stairs I felt a painful burning in the left side of my abdomen, above the belly button. I slept on it without any treatment. Day three, the pain was lower in the top of my thigh, and in the front of my crotch. I became worried I have an inguinal hernia.

During the next few days the pain became quite bad my whole abdomen hurt while at rest, and didn't seem to worsen with activity. The tendon on the inside of my thigh began to throb, and I began limping.
I started treating myself with a standard dosage of Advil twice daily and applying ice after work.
I can feel no lumps or irregularities whatsoever. Everything feels symmetrical on both sides of my crotch. However I'm going on week three and I am still very sore. Some days I feel pretty good, others its almost as if it was the day it started.
My question is basically, can severe muscle strain last this long? If it is a hernia can they develop this slowly without any lumps or irregularities?
I have no insurance and would really like to wait it out. Any suggestions?

Closed Thread