It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hernia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2009, 09:44 AM   #1
(male)

november18 HB User
post kidney removal hernia

I had my right kidney removed one year ago (december 2007). The kidney contained a cancer. Thankfully, the growth (cancer) was completely contained and had not spread. All was well, except for a slight bump in the area of the operation scar. That growth (which a doctor told me was a hernia) has since grown. Although there is only very slight pain, there is some discomfort and the lump is unsightly. I exercise three times a week (including weight lifting and threadmill). I will be seeing my doctor in about a month and want to discuss surgery to repair the hernia. How long will hospitalization likely be after such surgery? Recovery time?

Would appreciate answers from anyone who has undergone such a hernia repair procedure.

Last edited by november18; 01-17-2009 at 09:47 AM. Reason: grammatical error

Old 11-30-2009, 12:04 PM   #2
(female)

luvbuggi4 HB User
Re: post kidney removal hernia

Quote:
Originally Posted by november18 View Post
I had my right kidney removed one year ago (december 2007). The kidney contained a cancer. Thankfully, the growth (cancer) was completely contained and had not spread. All was well, except for a slight bump in the area of the operation scar. That growth (which a doctor told me was a hernia) has since grown. Although there is only very slight pain, there is some discomfort and the lump is unsightly. I exercise three times a week (including weight lifting and threadmill). I will be seeing my doctor in about a month and want to discuss surgery to repair the hernia. How long will hospitalization likely be after such surgery? Recovery time?

Would appreciate answers from anyone who has undergone such a hernia repair procedure.
Good afternoon,

I just read your message, I know it has been sometime since you wrote on the message board. I was just wondering if you have had the hernia surgery? I am asking because, I had my left kidney removed on Oct 30th and have noticed a lump underneath my so-called healing stitches. My doctor said it is because of the sutures healing inside, but I told my husband, I think it's because of an hernia. I still have pain at two of the suture sights and notice the lump especially when laying down or when I try to move (painful). Please let me know what types of symptoms you were having and the final outcome. I am having a CT scan tonight! Yikes!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2010, 04:14 AM   #3
(male)

wamboltwill HB User

i had a kidney removed just over 2 years ago.after the surgery i noticed what i thought was a hernia.this portion of my side sticks out considerably.had a sonagram and the tech said it indeed looked like a hernia and i was sent for an mri.the mri was negative.i do not know what course of action will be taken now.this is not a small lump,my entire left side of my abdomen sticks out by over 3 inches

Old 01-03-2011, 07:35 PM   #4
(male)

MikeFlorida HB User

I had prostate cancer surgery followed 4 months later by inguinal hernai surgery. If they use the mesh, you can be back to work in less than 1 week; excercising in 2-3 weeks.

I waited 2 months after diagnosis until surgery; continued to goilf anf excercise. Big mistake. Hernai go a lot worse and repaqir was much more extensive. I recommend you get it taken care of ASAP.

Closed Thread