It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hernia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2009, 02:26 PM   #1
(female)

HopefulDoll HB User
Maybe Hiatus Hernia-opinions appreciated!

My doc thinks I may have a hiatus hernia and is sending me for a scope in a few weeks. In the meantime, could any of you with a hernia help me with the following?

1.What are your symptoms (Both physical and any emotional symptoms, as they do say the stomach is linked to our brain!)

2. What treatment have you had, and does it work?

3. What foods and exercise help, and what foods and exercise make it worse?

Thanks,
Hopeful

Old 02-12-2009, 11:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Maybe Hiatus Hernia-opinions appreciated!

I think you should read some of the Sticky thread at the top of this page --Started by bluepumkin -- "GERD Suffers -- I Feel Good Let Me tell you Why"

Bluepumkin had hiatal hernia symptoms for 9 years and was cured using magnesium supplement and some other supplements.

Last edited by Harry; 02-12-2009 at 11:24 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2012, 08:21 AM   #3
(male)

Thegagsy HB User

Hi I have had Hiatus Hernia now for 7 years and been on Omeprazole, like most of you folks it started with severe indigestion and re flux. my doctor sent me for an endoscopy which found barrets syndrome, they kept checking me for 3 years with endoscopy and said barrets has now cleared but had small Hiatus Hernia, I have quit smoking don't drink anymore and I also have High Blood pressure which I take medication for.
The main reason I am posting today is because over the last few years my health seems to be getting worse feeling tiered, chest pains, tingling down my arms and fingers, leg pains, feeling sick, bloated, just the pits, in fact sometimes I feel like shooting myself. last night I felt really bad feeling like i could not breath, terrible pains in my chest and arms, in fact if I had never had them before I would of thought my end was nye.
But as it happens, I was going to doctors for blood tests today Tuesday, as I am trying to get to bottom of all this. When there the nurse asked me how I felt ! so i told her, she asked the other nurse to come in, and when I explained all my symptoms she broke out the ECG machine, whipped off my shirt shoes and socks and had me plugged in, in a jiff. all normal as I expected, she told me to wait in surgery for Doctor to see me, which he did in short while. His response was all the symptoms I am displaying are related to Hiatus Hernia, but if I wished I could go too the Hospital to be monitored, (been there done that) waste of time i thought. I know this is long folks but I am getting to the Answer.
Now being as I never do as I am told, It so happens that over weekend I ate a very large bar of chocolate, Sunday dinner had four types of veg with dinner, Monday Pasta with chicken and onion cheese source, then went home from work to baked potato, cheese and bacon Quish with Balsamic vinaigrette dressing on salad, catylist, cause and effect, net result suffer for England. I am of the disposition now that no matter what I do, this is with me till I die, on the whole I can moderate the symptoms try and live with them, but as with most of you guys, sometimes it has its way and manifests itself in the weirdest of symptoms. when somebody sorts this out let me know please.

Old 03-03-2012, 11:08 AM   #4
(female)

Kate171 HB User

So sorry for your porblems, but I think you already know your diet could be causing some of it.
Try following a reflux diet like "Reflux Diet Cook Book". It works I know first hand. If you want to stay pain free that is what you have to do and it's not always easy but when you go off the diet your body tells you.
Hope you are feeling like your old self soon.
Kate

Reply Reply