It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hernia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2009, 08:11 AM   #1
(male)

bigdog55 HB User
Hernia

Had inguinal surgery 1 year ago. Open surgery with mesh method. All went great and did all normal physically active things I do.(run, walk, golf etc) Problem is for last 3 weeks there is some pain in that area and a feeling of stiffness. Concerned that hernis back but no swelling or lump like before I had it repaired. Any ideas? Thanks.

Old 09-27-2009, 06:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Hernia

Hi there, I am sorry to hear about this! Somewhere else in this board, there is another post about someone having issues with a repaired hernia later on as well. They also had the mesh method used, but I believe larcoscopic surgery. It sounds like the mesh method has a possibility of causing some issues later on, such as tissue getting stuck in it as the tissue grows around it, so uncomfortable scar issue may be a possibility as well. So, it doesn't necessarily mean that the hernia is back. I'd see your doctor whenever you get a chance though so make sure! I will be getting hernia surgery this November and am going to try the traditional method, as I am a female and my surgeon recommended that females use the traditional method rather than mesh since they will often get side effects from the mesh later on in life (plus, the hernias are small enough for traditional repair). She said that men usually do better with mesh repair, but I'd imagine the side effects are still possible. She mentioned that there would be a chance of swelling and pain during sex and other activities after I heal with mesh. I've heard that with ANY kind of hernia repair, it's not uncommon to have pain from scar tissue, even way later on after the surgery. Let's hope this is all it is! Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread