It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hernia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2010, 02:20 PM   #1
(male)

Mazate HB User
Hiatal Hernia and rapid heartbeat in bed

Hello... I've had a hiatal hernia for many years. It seems to have gotten worse in the last 2 years or so. One particular issue I'm having is that during the night when I turn over in bed, my heartbeat speeds up very fast and my heart pounds in my chest, enough to wake me up. However, after about 5 seconds or so (and after I've turned over) it slows back down and goes back to its normal rhythm. This doesn't happen everytime I turn over, though. It only happens usually once a night. Has anyone heard of this? I'm assuming that its related to my HH but who knows?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2010, 08:55 AM   #2
(female)

jajagaborg HB User
Smile Re: Hiatal Hernia and rapid heartbeat in bed

I have had hiatal hernia several times. I remember the symptoms very well. It caused rapid heartbeat and a pressure in my chest that made me think I was having a heart attack! Very scary, but I have had it corrected several times by my chiropractor. Some people don't believe in them, but I am living proof that they can cure this. Sometimes it takes a few visits to get it to stick because it may slip back. Of course check with your doc, best of luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread