It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hernia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2010, 07:47 PM   #1
(female)

uksally HB User
Triple thorasic herniations!

My MRI shows that I have 3 very large herniations from T6 through T9 .I am in acute pain with wasting of left arm but unable to find a neurologist to treat me! Please can anyone give me advice on how to cope and what to do next?

Old 04-06-2010, 09:06 PM   #2
(female)

Precious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB User
Re: Triple thorasic herniations!

I do know that most Dr's don't want to mess around with the thorasic area, so if surgery is involved, please make sure you check him out thoroughly. I have had a fractured T12 which was fixed, but now, I'm having problems with all my disc in the thorasic area and lumbar. I go to a new neurosurgeon in the morning to see what they can do. I don't mean to scare you, because I have been living in severe pain for over 4 months and not being able to work.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2010, 07:26 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

You might have better luck posting in the Spinal cord disorder board. That's the group that deals with the upper back area. This board is primarily the lower lumbar...so don't be upset if you don't get too many responses. We are just the lower end of the back...

Old 04-07-2010, 09:02 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

just curious if they actually scanned your c spine too? the thing here is where YOUR herniations are actually located would have absolutely NO true connection to either one of your arms, none. whatever is actually the underlying issue with your arm would simply have to be somewhere up thru T 1 on UP thru c 1 somewhere? or a possible issue within that shoulder area like the rotator cuff? but your lower T spine just would not be responsible for any level of real arm problems at all.

just where IS the worst pain located and what does THAT present like/feel like? it is not so much the fact that you actually 'have' herniations there it has everything to really do with just what the herniations are actually impacting? but the discs DO contain pain fibers in them that when there is some type of extrustion going on can create alot of more inflammatory types of pain? do you have your own copy of your MRI report? if you do, if you could simply type out here exactly word for word what that reading radiologist saw and placed in that end summary on the very end of the report on the last page it would really help. if you do not have one yet, get one for YOUR own medical files you just need to start keeping on yourself at home? its always good to have our own copies of any and all types of real testing results with us.

just exactly WHAT is going on with the arm? what is it doing, how does it look to you? what are you really feeling in it down to any particular fingers that may be also affected? its just always very much possible to have spinal issues in more than one level that can give symptoms. Marcia

Closed Thread