It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hernia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2011, 09:08 PM   #1
(female)

mxc3025 HB User
Possible Hernia under lower right rib?

Hello... Recently, I noticed a sharp pain in what I thought was my rectus abdominus muscle on the right side near my lower right rib cage. The muscle hurts only occasionally now, but it feels as if something is popping in and out of place when I lift weights, attempt sit ups, or even lean over. I can feel whatever it is moving when I put pressure on that area...occasionally I can feel a small bulge but I don't see anything. The location of the popping feeling seems almost like where my gallbladder would be. I'm 24, athletic and have never had surgery.

I went to my doctor and she said she thought it was a pulled muscle, but I didn't think pulled muscles popped and moved like this? Should I go back to my doctor? Does this sound like a hernia?

Old 12-05-2011, 06:58 PM   #2
(female)

ajnn422 HB User
Re: Possible Hernia under lower right rib?

I am curious to know if you have found out anything more since posting your question? I have been experiencing the same popping, pain, etc in the same spot you are describing. So far, I have not gotten any answers from my doctor.

Please let me know if you have any new information to share.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2011, 05:08 AM   #3
(female)

mxc3025 HB User
Re: Possible Hernia under lower right rib?

I ended up going to 2 different doctors, both of whom said it was likely fluid from tearing a muscle. Since then, nothing has changed other than I only notice it on occasion. I don't believe that it is a hernia for the simple fact that nothing has ruptured despite continuing physical activity. Since it's become less bothersome, but still occasionally noticeable, I've given up asking doctors who tell me the same thing over and over again. It's too expensive to keep going without any answers. If you find anything out, do let me know.

Reply Reply