It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hernia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2011, 08:55 AM   #1
(male)

solarfried HB User
Inguinal hernia repair

I had a Laparoscopic bilateral balloon hernia repair (Mesh stapled to peritoneum) to repair inguinal hernias on both sides. The repair was quick and I spent two weeks in bed (the claim that you are up and about same day are a long bit exagerated). My penis was sore and black&blue for about a month after the operation and it burned on peeing. The area took one year to become free of pain. about five years after than I started having pains in scrotum and hardness like the hernia was back. this passed after two weeks and recurred about every 3 to 6 mos. I am again diagnosed with hernias and have been told the mesh repair has failed. While researching online carefully and avoiding the sales pitched from doctors I found that the mesh usually fails withing 10 yrs and the repair is often redone with another mesh which increases the chance of another failure.

Why the medical profession is pushing a repair that is know to fail is beyond me.

I am no searching for a more permanent solution under pressure. New searches online only show 100 pages of doctors selling the procedure as the salvation of the masses. You have to be very selective and persistent to find data and people discussisng their hernia failures and disappointments with the mesh.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread