It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hernia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2011, 04:24 PM   #1
(male)

perfectvolta67 HB User
Question ongoing pain from hernia repair, 3 yrs+

In March of 2008 I had an Inguinal hernia repair on my left side with staples. I have had ongoing pain since then, I have talked to the surgeon, had an MRI, 2 CT scans now, Xrays, and ultrasound, and Doctors still don't have any answers for me.
Recently I also had a vasectomy, when my doctor was work on my left testicle i could feel pressure in the old hernia location.
I read some other threads of people thinking nerves or chords were caught up into the hernia repair and being constrained, but I would think something like that would be caught on something like a CT scan or ultrasound.
I have been in constant discomfort or pain for years and ABSOLUTELY CANNOT sleep on my left side. This has gone on way too long and I've been trying to get answers but no one seems to have them or is willing to take the time to truly help me.
Any thought or advice would be appreciated more than you think. The past three years have not been easy dealing with this.
thank you

Old 09-13-2011, 05:43 PM   #2
(female)

Love2Run9485 HB User
Re: ongoing pain from hernia repair, 3 yrs+

I am sorry to hear about the discomfort you are in. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some kind of nerve damage that would be difficult to see, even in an MRI. Did they do a scan both with and without contrast? I have some back of head troubles and learned that some nerve problems still don't show up in an MRI and can be very difficult to diagnose... I'd imagine this can be true in other areas of the body. I also had inguinal hernia repair but about 2 years ago and still am curious to see if the slight numbness and slight tenderness on one side (I had two hernias repaired) ever goes away with time. Did you have any other material used in your repair (i.e. mesh)?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply