It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hernia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2011, 07:58 PM   #1
(male)

Ovechkin HB User
What do I have to do to get an endoscopy?

I went to the doctor a couple weeks ago and told him my symptoms. I am pretty confident that I have acid reflux (Laryngopharyngeal reflux), but this doctor told me that he doesn't think I have acid reflux because I don't have heartburn.

That got my pretty upset considering the fact that heartburn is present in fewer than 50% of the patients with LPR.

My doctor thought my symptoms are due to food intolerance so he sent me down to get my blood tested.

About two weeks later, I get my results and everything is said to be normal.

I am scheduled a follow up appointment with my doctor again in two days. What is my doctor going to do now?

In fact, I am willing to bet that I have a hiatal hernia. What do I have to do to get an endoscopy? I'm afraid that my doctor is just going to write me a prescription for a proton-pump inhibitor and show me the door.

Old 11-20-2011, 08:03 PM   #2
(male)

Ovechkin HB User
Re: What do I have to do to get an endoscopy?

145 Views and not a single reply?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply