It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hernia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2012, 05:47 PM   #1
(male)

Victoriap9 HB User
Unhappy Burping, chest pain...hiatal hernia?

Ever since I had a bad virus four months ago, I developed this chronic belching. It's none stop especially in the morning or night. It seems to have been triggered by a strong cough, because I felt something sprain in stomach after violent cough. Also started zpak at that same time.

My life has been hell since then. Gi drs say I'm swallowing air. Are you kidding me? I am short of breath like I can't breathe in the morning, then I have this awful chest pain that's relieved when I burp. I tried everything, tums, ppis, and mornings helping. I feel a huge pressure every morning in my chest and then thebawful nonstop belching hurts. I notice when I bend over it hurts my chest. Also slouching makes it worse. I am dizzy numb and so sick every morning. It lasts hours for me to function I feel like I'm gonna choke or stop breathing. Getting endoscope done and if it is hiatal hernia there's not much help for it. Great. I tried some YouTube advice on massaging it, but made worse!
This is an awful way to live, I can't function. Please someone givevme some insight on what to do next..

Last edited by Administrator; 04-22-2012 at 08:53 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2012, 08:52 AM   #2
(female)

Danialla HB User
Re: Burping, chest pain...hiatal hernia?

If the hernia is large they can do surgery. I have had it done, and it went fine. Unfortunately I believe the hernia has returned and I need to schedule an appointment with the surgeon again. I must say though, the surgery helped a lot for about 2 years.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2012, 09:49 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,
I sympathise with you. I have one myself. An Endoscopy discovered mine and with me the symptoms come and go.
My symptoms are burping and strong bouts of hiccups also regurgitating of my food. It can be triggered of by litterally anything be it eating/drinking or neither. If its any help at all you will get respite periods or at least I do. I guess it depends on the size, not sure about mine I was just told it did not require surgery at this stage.
I have learned what foods to avoid. I have also had Ulcers and was prescribed PPIs which I take as and when needed but they do nothing for the belching once it starts.
I wish you well,

Solofelix.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:22 AM   #4
(male)

Victoriap9 HB User

I finally had endoscopy done, but no help in site. He did find a shiatzys ring and dilated it, and said I have eosophil esophogitis. He also said I have mild hiatal hernia, but not enough to cause burping. I actually feel worse since this procedure. I'm extremely lightheaded and get fainting like feelings. Burping is worse too. I've been up all night burping, I feel like I'm chocking and can't breathe because the belching is so strong. Im also getting chest pain with burping. Extremely painful and scary. I wouldn't wish this on my worse enemy!
I think he messed me up with the endoscopy when he dilated me and also took biapsed me because Im just so lightheaded since then. I feel so helpless calling the gi and my primary doctor. They are no help. Oh and I'm developing blurry vision in one eye. Do I have to be on the floor passed out to get any attention or help from doctors?!

Old 05-23-2012, 02:53 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Okay, I'm glad you got your diagnosis. Keep in mind, a lot of people have temporary pain after the dilation. If it was yesterday, just give yourself some time to recover. Did the doctor give you any special instructions about recovery?

Old 05-23-2012, 03:17 PM   #6
(male)

Victoriap9 HB User

It was three weeks ago, first couple days were really bad, but not felt better wince then. I have called him and he claims its not that that's making me lightheaded. I disagree because I wasn't feeling this bad before procedure. The endoscopy caused reflux too which I did not have before. He gave me a ppi called dexilant for that, but no hope in site for awful burping, chest pain and pressure and sick feeling. I've given up on doctors for now, they dontbhave an answer for everything. I've alot of blood tests, EKG fir the palpitations, only thing is I keep getting low blood pressure readings, but dr thinks nothing of it. It's really finding a good doctor that cares.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,
I got burping and nausea with H.Pylori.
Have you been checked for it also Hiatal hernia will cause the same.
Is it possible to find a more sympathetic Dr. It makes such a big difference, my own Dr is so kind and understanding, she has supported me through a number of different health issues.
I hope you get an answer to your health problems,

Solofelix.

Reply Reply

Tags
belching, chest pain and shortness of breath, gerd, hiatal hernia