It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hernia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2012, 10:45 AM   #1
(female)

kdestep21 HB User
Why am I still in pain?

I had a laparoscopy done in december of 2010 to repair an inguinal hernia. The doctor put in mesh. But the pain never went away. It hurts to stand, walk, stretch, lift, everything. I went back to the doctor about 6 months later and he was so rude he made me cry. He kept saying nothing was wrong with me and i was not in any pain, but the pain is terrible. I have had to quit 4 jobs because i cant stand to be on my feet. It is taking a toll on my life and I dont know what is wrong. The pain isnt like the pain I had before the surgery, it sometimes is very sharp pain, sometimes it tingles and burns, and sometimes it is so bad it radiates down my thigh and in my lower back. Did the doctor damage nerves or muscle? Is it the mesh? Please give your opinion

Old 08-21-2012, 06:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Why am I still in pain?

That is terrible what your doctor said! Only you know what you are feeling. Like aaronsgma1 said, there are definitely issues with mesh, so that could be a possibility. Can you see another doctor and get a second opinion? It's worth asking to see what someone else thinks.

I had a hernia repair for 2 inguinal hernias almost 3 years ago and have some tough days. I love to work out, but doing anything with squats and lunges is becoming a challenge. When my bladder is full, it sometimes feels like my muscles are being pulled so hard. I did NOT get any mesh. I think there is just a bit of a pull on that area due to the repair, and I was fully aware of the risks. I was about to post to see if there is anything I can do to help. I tend to hear more painful stories about those who had repairs involving mesh

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2012, 11:01 PM   #3
(male)

EducatedPanther HB User
Re: Why am I still in pain?

Unfortunately it sounds like it might be the mesh, or maybe nerve damage...

Definitely get a second opinion. Many doctors have no respect for women... It's sad really.

Reply Reply

Tags
hernia, nerve damage, pain