It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hernia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
(female)

sharon7658 HB User
Unhappy Buldged Disc

Someone PLEASE help me. I started having an ache on my hip one day out of the blue. Then the ache went to my back, thigh on the front and side and the butt and groin pain. Been on pain meds for 4-5 years. Had a spinal fushion on L5 - S1. Did not help. Went for a discagram???(spelling.) And a CT scan. They say I have some buldging disc problems. I am scheduled for an appointment on this Thursday with an orthopedic Dr. But, when I push on the side of my hip it hurts and I almost feel like I am getting a charlie horse!! Would this still be a symptom from a disc? Please, someone help with with any answers you may have! Also, my hip seems to hurt more while sitting. I have had every injection you can think of. Did physical Theropy. 5 MRI's on the hip, back, and pelvis. Bone scan, x-rays. CT scan. You name it. I have been there. My hip is fine!

Last edited by sharon7658; 08-03-2012 at 08:28 PM.

Old 08-04-2012, 10:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User
Re: Buldged Disc

hi, where do you press on your hip that it hurts? check out where the bursa is it could be that I've had that problem before and it can cause cramping all the way down. I can't even lay on that side sometimes. They can inject that too and it helps. cj

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2012, 11:26 AM   #3
(female)

sharon7658 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by no34evr View Post
hi, where do you press on your hip that it hurts? check out where the bursa is it could be that I've had that problem before and it can cause cramping all the way down. I can't even lay on that side sometimes. They can inject that too and it helps. cj

Old 08-04-2012, 11:27 AM   #4
(female)

sharon7658 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by no34evr View Post
Already had that. In fact they said I had bursitis and removed the bursa. I am done with injections. None of them helped me. Thats why I am thinking its my disc.

Last edited by sharon7658; 08-04-2012 at 11:28 AM.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:44 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

oh wow you had your bursa removed? I've heard of that being done but didn't know of anyone. Have you looked at a Dermatone chart? it will show you what disc controls what part of the body. maybe that will help? cj

Reply Reply