It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hernia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2012, 07:08 PM   #1
(female)

Love2Run9485 HB User
Adhesions from Inguinal Hernia Repair

My doctors are suspecting adhesions from my double inguinal hernia repair, which was done 3 years ago. I had no mesh used and they did traditional incisions. It all went pretty smoothly and only recently I started getting a lot of a pinching/pulling pain and some lower abdominal swelling. It's worst when I have a full bladder. Feels like inguinal nerve pain too since it goes from lower abdomen and pelvic area and radiates into my inner thigh.

I'm supposed to get an ultrasound done this month. Thing is, my surgeon said I should see my primary to get an ultrasound ordered... well my primary is going through medical issues herself and seems that some doctors aren't willing to get involved. My OB/GYN said they could do an ultrasound. I just don't want to end up getting the wrong kind of ultrasound. For someone like me, would some kind of external ultrasound (not transvaginal) be best? Or something else? I feel like the feelings are close to the surface or within the muscles. I've heard with adhesions, they don't always show up well even with a CT scan or MRI... so I figured I would give the ultrasound a try and go from there.

If it's definitely adhesions, I'm not sure I'd want to get surgery again to clean them up. I know there's the risk that it will keep happening. Anyone have any experience with living with adhesions? I feel like I can manage the pains pretty well, so I wouldn't want to risk it getting worse from another surgery. I really just want to make sure that there isn't anything more serious going on and that I'm not risking organ damage.

Any advice would be greatly appreciate

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply