It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hernia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #1
(female)

penneyn HB User
Type of Hernia

Hello, everyone. I have a hernia which is in the lower left quadrant of my abdomen, just slightly below my navel. I have not seen any descriptions of this type of hernia or this exact placement. I was wondering if anyone knew what type of hernia this is?

It is the size of a small orange (or looks like it to me. Of course, I can only see the view of it looking down. My PC doc is supposed to refer me to a surgeon for treatment, but I would like to have some idea of what to expect so I can ask intelligent questions and make an informed decision about it. My PC says that unless it is causing pain, is inhibiting my day to day life, or is hard and fixed (none of the above is occurring) that ordinarily, surgery is not a remedy for the problem. (Whew! Having had a hysterectomy that required sixty stales to close up, I am not eager to have a repeat of the pain and the problems cause by surgery!). I am curious to know if there are any non-invasive treatments for something like this, such as medication, either oral or injected. Any information which could help me prepare for a consultation with the surgeon and to help define my options would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply