It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2003, 06:56 PM   #1
(female)

rainbow ice HB User
eliminating coldsores with honey...and.....earwax??????

recently i was reading some websites
and i came across one which stated that when you put honey on a coldsore, it will immediately relieve pain and take a lot less time to heal..
has anyone else heard this?
also there was a few people who claimed that putting earwax on the coldsore is the most effective way. more so than anything else..
i really really doubt this.

has anyone else heard something like this about honey and earwax?

Old 11-08-2003, 10:42 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

movingrightalong HB User
Honey is a known antiseptic from what I understand and has lots of other uses. I've been told to used it on canker sores, maybe it's good on cold sores as well. I've also been told to use it on the skin for over all complexion, wrinkles, etc. Who knows, it's worth a try and if you try it let us know how it goes.

And about the earwax... um.... ew. I'm not sure about that one at all!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2003, 10:34 AM   #3

hb2002 HB User
I've heard the same thing about honey. Don't know about this ear wax thing! Might be hard to find enough people willing to save up their ear wax in order to have enough on hand to give it a try. YUCK!! There goes my appetite! Although, who knows, maybe it really does work. But I've never seen a tin of ear wax for sale in my pharmacy and I couldn't even imagine how they would begin to market such a product even if it did work. Although, give it a nice French name and maybe it could just be a winner. Would you buy a product called "cire d'oreille" over a product called ear wax? (not sure if that's really the translation).

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingrightalong
Honey is a known antiseptic from what I understand and has lots of other uses. I've been told to used it on canker sores, maybe it's good on cold sores as well. I've also been told to use it on the skin for over all complexion, wrinkles, etc. Who knows, it's worth a try and if you try it let us know how it goes.

And about the earwax... um.... ew. I'm not sure about that one at all!

Old 11-12-2003, 04:55 AM   #4
(male)

Nonexist HB User
I read an amazing thing about honey recently. There is only a small amount of environmental toxins in organic honey because bees act as a "biological filter", nature has "designed" bees to die before they return to the nest if they are exposed to pollution. Therefore, the honey produced is always from the purest bees. Someone should try honey on a herpes outbreak and see what happens!

Nonexist

The Following User Says Thank You to Nonexist For This Useful Post:
Truemper1964 (09-08-2012)
Closed Thread