It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2003, 08:01 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 20
idontknowwhattodo HB User
inflammed/infected hair folicole?

Guys im so terrified! i want to date this girl, but am afriad I might have herpes.. I am trying to hard to figure this out so I can live normally without herpes or tell her that I have it and move on!! Ive been to the doctors 7 TIMES! 3 different doctors too. From the physical symptoms they have said it is not herpes! i have had just red spots that appear and disappear.. but the fact that they are single spots spread out so far apart and appear in three days, then disappear tells me it shouldnt be herpes seeing as they last much longer and shouldnt have outbreak after outbreak.. right? anyways, i recenlty got a red spot between my leg and scrotum.. connecting part.. where it rubs and stuff.. well it wasn't raised until i started to pick at it, then i shaved the area to get a closer look.. it bothered me a little bit but I cant tell if it is the spot or the shaving that is doing that now. never bother before.. but i also shaved my scrotum, and that day a red spot on my scrotum showed up.. just a spot. no itch or any other symptoms. its been about 5 days and its still there, i havent touched it much but im worried that this single spot might be herpes - does a single spot on a scrotum can be herpes? also the doctors just say the spots are inflammed hair folicoles or whatever... i just dont know! any help??

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 11-28-2003, 11:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: MD
Posts: 1,457
backpacker HB Userbackpacker HB User
Re: inflammed/infected hair folicole?

Sounds to me like you need to leave your stuff alone! You are picking, shaving, and poking your poor sensitive areas way too much!

If the drs say it's not h, have told you what it is, and these don't seem like typical h symptoms, why do you think you have h?

But if you're really concerned, you need to go get these spots swabbed and cultured, and if you want, have a blood test to boot.

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 11-30-2003, 11:03 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 20
idontknowwhattodo HB User
Re: inflammed/infected hair folicole?

Question about read spot on scrotum. I went to the doctor too see what he thought. he said that it isnt herpes, just an imflammed hair follicle.. btw this is a different spot that before.. There is a hair growing out of the red spot... If i understand from an earlier post, hair doesn't come out of a herpes sore? its not a sore either its just a red spot.. but i think it could be one of those wierd symptoms of herpes where it just gives papercut like spots or whatever.. ive had it for over a week not and no crusting... it seemed to get a little dry, but didnt seem like crust. i wet it and the dryness went away. any suggestions if you think this could be herpes? and ive been having this *****le feeling everytime my sctrum rubs my legs.. i shave my scrotum too so maybe it could be the hairs? also perhaps the red spot could be a result of shaving?

Last edited by idontknowwhattodo; 11-30-2003 at 11:04 PM.

 
Old 12-01-2003, 01:32 AM   #4
Senior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 209
confused20 HB User
Re: inflammed/infected hair folicole?

Quote:
Originally Posted by idontknowwhattodo
Question about read spot on scrotum. I went to the doctor too see what he thought. he said that it isnt herpes, just an imflammed hair follicle.. btw this is a different spot that before.. There is a hair growing out of the red spot... If i understand from an earlier post, hair doesn't come out of a herpes sore? its not a sore either its just a red spot.. but i think it could be one of those wierd symptoms of herpes where it just gives papercut like spots or whatever.. ive had it for over a week not and no crusting... it seemed to get a little dry, but didnt seem like crust. i wet it and the dryness went away. any suggestions if you think this could be herpes? and ive been having this *****le feeling everytime my sctrum rubs my legs.. i shave my scrotum too so maybe it could be the hairs? also perhaps the red spot could be a result of shaving?
I think ur fine. If the doctor saw it and told u what it was then it probably isn't herpes. What u say does sound like inflammed hair follicles. I have had a couple of those myself. I'm pretty sure Herpes sores don't have hair coming out of them, so I think that u have a few hair follicles. All those *****ly feelings and stuff are probably from shaving and u worrying so much. Just relax, I don't think u have herpes but u should ask ur doctor to give u a blood test to be sure.

 
Old 12-01-2003, 04:14 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 20
idontknowwhattodo HB User
Re: inflammed/infected hair folicole?

How long did it take for your inflammed follicles to heal? The one on my scrotum has been there for over a week now.. but I have also been pinching and touching it..

 
Old 12-01-2003, 04:38 PM   #6
Senior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 209
confused20 HB User
Re: inflammed/infected hair folicole?

Quote:
Originally Posted by idontknowwhattodo
How long did it take for your inflammed follicles to heal? The one on my scrotum has been there for over a week now.. but I have also been pinching and touching it..
It was there for over almost 2 weeks before it went away completely. that was after I finally popped it and let the hair out. It didn't hurt at all when I popped it. And from what I've heard, if u TRY to pop a herpes blister it is going to be very painful. Does it hurt really bad when u touch it?

 
Old 12-01-2003, 05:45 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 20
idontknowwhattodo HB User
Re: inflammed/infected hair folicole?

Quote:
Originally Posted by confused20
It was there for over almost 2 weeks before it went away completely. that was after I finally popped it and let the hair out. It didn't hurt at all when I popped it. And from what I've heard, if u TRY to pop a herpes blister it is going to be very painful. Does it hurt really bad when u touch it?
heh, this is just a red spot on my scrotum. there is hair coming out of it too. it does not hurt at all or itch.. ive been touching it a lot lately because i dont have a doctors appointment until next monday and i dont want it to heal...
no itch, hurt, blister, crack in skin, lesion.. just a red spot... seems like the crust.. not crust but dryer skin.. as if i was shedding i guess is right up agaisnt the actual hair and not on the spot

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
sebacious cyst that got infected and now bald spot BDO Hair Problems 1 07-01-2009 07:42 PM
what cause infected hair in the chin berto2 Skin Problems 0 02-12-2009 12:48 PM
infected hair infection with red marks down leg toni35 Infectious Diseases 2 10-14-2008 10:21 PM
Infected Hair Follicle ??? LHAYERS General Health 2 02-21-2008 03:10 PM
infected? roosters19 Herpes 2 12-04-2007 12:39 AM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:44 AM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!