It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2003, 05:16 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ornament HB User
Taking garlic - orally???

Board Readers -

Is garlic taken orally to avoid OB's, or to supress symptons, during OB's? If so how much should be taken? What vitamins/meds.are working for everyone? Anyone, with info., please advise....-Orn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2003, 05:58 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

movingrightalong HB User
Re: Taking garlic - orally???

Hi Ornament,
Garlic is a good overall immune system booster, antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal... I personally take it daily for overall health and I think it also really does help with OBs. I always take a little more of everything around my period or if I've been doing something that I feel may make me a little more vulnerable to an OB. As far as other things, I do take Olive Leaf Extract and Lysine. I eat a healthy diet, I juice a lot of organic veggies, especially spinach, beets, carrots, parsley and celery. Sometimes I chop raw garlic and swallow it. Some things I do everyday, some when I feel like it. I also occasionally pop a Oil of Oregano capsule. These things combined with a good diet (very little refined sugar, very little junk in general) and excercise seem to be what's worked best for me, knock on wood. My toughest thing to contend with in terms of outbreaks is my period!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2003, 12:26 AM   #3

trsae HB User

Hi orn,
I take meds and herbs. fvmr and Rma, garlic pills as well as garlic raw, echnca, cat's claw, Lysn, lemon balm. As well as eating the right foods. Green and yellow veggies, fruits(except for citrus),etc......
hope this helps.

Old 12-16-2003, 09:17 AM   #4

t5403cg HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingrightalong
Hi Ornament,
Garlic is a good overall immune system booster, antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal... I personally take it daily for overall health and I think it also really does help with OBs. I always take a little more of everything around my period or if I've been doing something that I feel may make me a little more vulnerable to an OB. As far as other things, I do take Olive Leaf Extract and Lysine. I eat a healthy diet, I juice a lot of organic veggies, especially spinach, beets, carrots, parsley and celery. Sometimes I chop raw garlic and swallow it. Some things I do everyday, some when I feel like it. I also occasionally pop a Oil of Oregano capsule. These things combined with a good diet (very little refined sugar, very little junk in general) and excercise seem to be what's worked best for me, knock on wood. My toughest thing to contend with in terms of outbreaks is my period!

Which garlic: garlic oil pills or garlic tablets?

Old 12-16-2003, 09:21 AM   #5

t5403cg HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5403cg
Which garlic: garlic oil pills or garlic tablets?
Do you take the anti-viral meds even when not experiencing an OB?

Old 12-16-2003, 09:33 AM   #6

helpmyself HB User

I take the Kyolic garlic capsules. I was taking the garlic oil pills for a while, but I seriously think I started to smell like garlic. So I switched to the odorless Kyolic kind. But, lately, I've been popping garlic cloves like pills, to build my immune system so I can avoid this darn flu thats going around.

Closed Thread