It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2004, 06:22 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ornament HB User
Lysol Can - says it kills herpes.....

If Lysol spray disinfectant can kill herpes.....then why can't they come up with a treatment for all of us. This really urkes me! Instead, we have to pay high RX. prices for anti-virals and make the drug companies, rich. Plus, suffer with outbreaks in the meantime. I just don't get it. Did I mention a can costs about $2.50. This is very troubling. Any thoughts, anyone???? -Orn

Last edited by Ornament; 02-04-2004 at 06:23 AM.

Old 02-04-2004, 12:56 PM   #2
Inactive

serialnovelist HB User
Re: Lysol Can - says it kills herpes.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ornament

If Lysol spray disinfectant can kill herpes.....then why can't they come up with a treatment for all of us. This really urkes me! Any thoughts, anyone???? -Orn
Yeah i agree with you about the Lysol thing, but you have to remember it's a SURFACE killer, my logic tells me thiers no cells to infect and replicate on a surface. It's my understanding that herpes gets it's power from entering a healthy cell and then getting the cell to do it's dirty work for it. basically infecting the healthy cell, like a cancer. So really the only way to kill herpes is to kill the virus before it infects other cells. Which is why a vaccine would work, but do nothing for people who already had the virus. like chickenpox or shingles the virus stays dormant at the root of the nerve, between outbreaks until something "activates" it.

Notice when you get a virus the hospital or medical industry tell you there's nothing they can do, antibiotics are bacterial, not viral so your own bodies defenses have to fight off the virus. Even if they came up with a vaccine thier are different strains of the virus that might not be affected, so it's even safe to assume that certain strains would be unaffected by the lysol on a surface as well. wow i sound kinda smart LOL i read somewhere they are three to five years away from a vaccine. they've got thier hands full with other stuff they feel is more important like HIV and Cancer which kills. I think that's thier way of thinking focus on the things people can actually die from.

We need Star Trek like medicine LOL need a new liver ? take this pill LOL If i was rich i'd take a million dollars and give it the best industry devoted to eradicating herpes there is, and get a ton of media attention surrounding it, thenmabe, just maybe something would be done. Seems like the only time something becomes important is when the media can't stop talking about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2004, 01:10 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ornament HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by serialnovelist
Yeah i agree with you about the Lysol thing, but you have to remember it's a SURFACE killer, my logic tells me thiers no cells to infect and replicate on a surface. It's my understanding that herpes gets it's power from entering a healthy cell and then getting the cell to do it's dirty work for it. basically infecting the healthy cell, like a cancer. So really the only way to kill herpes is to kill the virus before it infects other cells. Which is why a vaccine would work, but do nothing for people who already had the virus. like chickenpox or shingles the virus stays dormant at the root of the nerve, between outbreaks until something "activates" it.

Notice when you get a virus the hospital or medical industry tell you there's nothing they can do, antibiotics are bacterial, not viral so your own bodies defenses have to fight off the virus. Even if they came up with a vaccine thier are different strains of the virus that might not be affected, so it's even safe to assume that certain strains would be unaffected by the lysol on a surface as well. wow i sound kinda smart LOL i read somewhere they are three to five years away from a vaccine. they've got thier hands full with other stuff they feel is more important like HIV and Cancer which kills. I think that's thier way of thinking focus on the things people can actually die from.

We need Star Trek like medicine LOL need a new liver ? take this pill LOL If i was rich i'd take a million dollars and give it the best industry devoted to eradicating herpes there is, and get a ton of media attention surrounding it, thenmabe, just maybe something would be done. Seems like the only time something becomes important is when the media can't stop talking about it.
Serial -

I'm impressed and you are smart....I've worked in a dental office before (past life)and understand the difference between bacterial and viral....However, when it comes to me (being female/emotional) I just can't think. Thank-you for the detailed explanation, you've put it all into perspective for me and I appreciate that. And let me know, when you do have that million dollars, LOL, I want to help. Signed, slightly emotional/hormonal -Orn

Old 02-04-2004, 01:51 PM   #4
Inactive

serialnovelist HB User

Quote:
And let me know, when you do have that million dollars, LOL, I want to help. Signed, slightly emotional/hormonal -Orn
Orn, thank you for your kid yet hormonal and female words lol Believe me if i had one wish it would be to eradicate things lke Herpes, HPV, Aids, Cancer, Kidney Stones and various other things the medical industry can't kill or eradicate. If i ever get this book done and sold i'm working on and it ends up being #1 on the best seller list and then turned into a movie you bet i'll hand over the money to Herpes Eradication. We can get a giant Petition with every herpes infected person on it and then the governments will take notice along witha super fat check LOL

I wish you the best Orn, we gotta do what we can to beat it. Just think once they have an ACTUAL CURE, the first thing we can all do is have a sex marthon with our respective others in celebration of our new disease free life. LOL

Old 02-04-2004, 02:15 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ornament HB User

Serial -

You go.....as she waves her bic lighter in the air. LOL We're all right here, right beside you!!!!!! You can be the leader....I'll keep the rest of the crowd in tow.LOL And if the sexathon thing happens, I'll be the one taking pictures and then sending them off, for my book. Take Care, -Orn.

P.S. What kind of book/novel????? I love to read.

Old 02-04-2004, 09:21 PM   #6
Inactive

serialnovelist HB User

Quote:

P.S. What kind of book/novel????? I love to read.
I'm trying to write the scariest book since the Exorcist and the Amityville Horror. Hopefully turned into a movie. I write romance, erotica, and other fiction as well, but this new bok i want to be so scary it disturbs people so much they walk out of the theater and are talking about days and weeks later. I can't give too much away cause i don't want my idea stolen but it has to do with a certain time of night and everyday occurences that would scare people. For instance there's one scene where a woman wakes up from a nightmare and you can "feel" how terrified she was in the dream, walks into the bathrom to spals cold water on her face and you see the camera cut to the mirror several times expecting to see something in the mirror, and just when you think nothing is going to appear, you get the shock of your life.

Old 02-05-2004, 01:55 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ornament HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by serialnovelist
I'm trying to write the scariest book since the Exorcist and the Amityville Horror. Hopefully turned into a movie. I write romance, erotica, and other fiction as well, but this new bok i want to be so scary it disturbs people so much they walk out of the theater and are talking about days and weeks later. I can't give too much away cause i don't want my idea stolen but it has to do with a certain time of night and everyday occurences that would scare people. For instance there's one scene where a woman wakes up from a nightmare and you can "feel" how terrified she was in the dream, walks into the bathrom to spals cold water on her face and you see the camera cut to the mirror several times expecting to see something in the mirror, and just when you think nothing is going to appear, you get the shock of your life.
A serialnovelist - writing a horror....Hmmmm. I think the scariest book/movie I've encountered was "Silence of the Lambs"...But, I adore James Patterson's book and Lorenzo Catteras and Stephen King....read a new author recently can't think of the name, I'll check when I get home. I hope you do well and send your $$$'s to Herpes research, "cause they need it. Good Luck and Happy Writing - non-hormonal (today)
-Orn

Old 02-05-2004, 02:10 PM   #8
Inactive

serialnovelist HB User

Stephen King was the first and foremost author that got me into writing in the first place. he's a brilliant writer, although he seems to have a problem with good endings, his endings always seem to lack a little something. but mianly the worst endings were always in books they turned into movies or screnplays he'd written like Rose Red, It, and the Tv version of the The Stand.

Original i was writing romance novels (serial romance) which is where the name came from

glad your not feeling hormonal today

anyone thought about writing a letter to president bush or the british guy or the the guy who's in charge of Canada ?

Closed Thread