It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2004, 01:40 AM   #1

gfys15 HB User
Can I Get Herpes From Eating After Someone

I'm really nervous. Tonight I think I ate after someone who has herpes in their mouth. I don't think they are broken out right now though. It happened by accident. A fork was put into a piece of food that they didn't eat, and then the fork was put back onto my plate. What do you all think the chances of me being infected are in this case? I'm really scared now, and I want to get tested. Any thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2004, 03:10 AM   #2
Inactive

serialnovelist HB User
Re: Can I Get Herpes From Eating After Someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfys15
I'm really nervous. Tonight I think I ate after someone who has herpes in their mouth. I don't think they are broken out right now though. It happened by accident. A fork was put into a piece of food that they didn't eat, and then the fork was put back onto my plate. What do you all think the chances of me being infected are in this case? I'm really scared now, and I want to get tested. Any thoughts?
I think your chances are zilch, but that's just me and i'll tell you why my GF didn't know she had genital herpes and didn't even know she was havng a breakout. I went down on her on both Friday and Sunday for a very long time and by tuesday she was dignosed by her outbreak and then a blood test. Did i end up with Herpes in my mouth or HSV1 ? NOPE !

Did i end up with HSV2 from having sex ? yep. my opinion is there is so much bacteria in the mouth, that something small like a fork, that bacteria is gonna kill it. Maybe i lucked out cause when i used my mouthwash it hurt like hell, but to the best of my knowledge i do not have HSV1. SO if i was you i wouldn't worry... Maybe an Expert like B.P. who's had a postive impact on my condition and my state of mind (major hugs to you backpacker, thanks a bunch and you too Orn) might know more about your chances than me.

Last edited by serialnovelist; 02-08-2004 at 03:11 AM. Reason: redundancy lol

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2004, 08:52 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

movingrightalong HB User
Re: Can I Get Herpes From Eating After Someone

Yes, I'd say that unless you saw an active sore on their mouth your chances are slim to none. There is something called "asymptomatic shedding" which is viral shedding with no sore present, but this doesn't compare to the contagiousness of an open sore. Plus, the herpes virus dies very quickly in air, so if the fork sat in the air at all the virus would have died.
You're fine.

Closed Thread