It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-29-2004, 02:02 PM   #1

takintolong HB User
Are they blisters or pus filled "white heads"

The sore on me has a white head, but from everything i read on the net they say it looks like a blister.
Again, I have no pain, itching, or anything it just turns red then turns into a whitehead, the only time i see it is when i happen to look down at it. Happens often enough to make me think its a reoccuring bacterial infection or the dreaded "H"but im not sure. Fill me in.

Old 02-29-2004, 07:32 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

movingrightalong HB User
Re: Are they blisters or pus filled "white heads"

Not sure if you've had the sores tested. I think that herpes usually doesn't have a white head... I know I've never had that. I have had some bouts with folliculitis, though, all over my legs and I would get irritated bumps on hair follicles and they would definitely be red and raised and then have puss in them. Either way, you should definitley get it checked out because if it's folliculitis, it's usually due to either a staph or strep infection in your system and it's better to not let such things fester any longer than necessary.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-29-2004, 07:38 PM   #3

takintolong HB User

My god i hope your right. Ive been depressed pretty bad lately. There is a small patch of hair right where i keep getting it about an inch down from the head of the penis (sorry for the details). I looked for a hair in their but i found nothing. Next time it comes up i will go to the doc. Anybody else???

Thanks

Last edited by takintolong; 02-29-2004 at 07:40 PM.

Old 02-29-2004, 08:13 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

movingrightalong HB User

hmmmmm..... It's only in a small patch? In that case, I'm just not sure. When I had folliculitis It was pretty wide-spread. I had it all over my legs. Hopefully someone else will pipe in here with some more info. Definitely get it checked out as soon as you can though, and obviously avoid any possibility of spreading it to anyone else. Good luck to you!
movingrightalong

Old 03-01-2004, 07:12 AM   #5

NewlyMinted HB User

doesn't seem herpetic. but one thing seems consistent with HSV: it displays differently for some people. next time it comes up, check it out with dr.

Old 03-02-2004, 07:11 PM   #6

GLCII HB User

Sounds like it might be a pimple. You might want to try and pop it. If it don't come back alls good.

Old 03-03-2004, 02:25 PM   #7

collegeguy11 HB User

I am having the same problem...I have several pimple looking things on the base of my penis. Most of them have white pus in them, but some do not. Could this be follicalitis?

Closed Thread