It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2004, 09:15 PM   #1

Alex76 HB User
Does herpes recurrences reduce in frequency and severity over time???

Hi

I was diagnosed with GH one year ago. I started out with having frequent outbreaks. Now after a yr, my outbreaks are once every 2 -3 mths.

I was not on any suppressive drugs.

For those who have harboured this virus for years, is it true that herpes recurrences reduce in frequency and severity over time for u???

How frequent is your outbreaks now?? Are u on continouous suppressive drugs?

Has the recurrences stopped completely for u??

And all u married, single or has this infection causes your marriage to be on the rocks, leading to divorce???

Sorry for the long barrage of questions???

I am really afraid that I have to stay single for my life or risk to cause great pains to my partner.

Old 03-27-2004, 10:24 PM   #2

corimsw HB User
Re: Does herpes recurrences reduce in frequency and severity over time???

For those who have harboured this virus for years, is it true that herpes recurrences reduce in frequency and severity over time for u???

For me, this is not true. While I was on supressive therapy I had almost no outbreaks. After I went off of them, that effect lasted for up to a year maybe? But now after over 2 years of being off drugs, I am back to having them monthly - which is about what it was before drugs.

And all u married, single or has this infection causes your marriage to be on the rocks, leading to divorce???

And I am married - diagnosed before meeting my DH - I told him, he was understanding, we dated then married & now have a child! We've been together 8 years now! there is hope!! Read the recent thread entitled Happy Couples - there's lots of us out here!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2004, 04:04 AM   #3

ly_b HB User

Alex76, sounds like you should consider suppressive therapy. It would likely reduce your outbreaks and reduce the chances of you passing on this virus to a partner, because it reduces the level of asymptomatic shedding, too.

Old 03-29-2004, 05:30 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

lbp35 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex76
Hi

I was diagnosed with GH one year ago. I started out with having frequent outbreaks. Now after a yr, my outbreaks are once every 2 -3 mths.

I was not on any suppressive drugs.

How frequent is your outbreaks now?? Are u on continouous suppressive drugs?

Has the recurrences stopped completely for u??

Sorry for the long barrage of questions???

I am really afraid that I have to stay single for my life or risk to cause great pains to my partner.

Alex, I have posted before about my husband, but don't mind posting again. My husband got h over 20 years ago in college. At first it was so new, he did'nt even know what it was. When he went to the doctor, he was diagnosed but the doctor did not know alot about it or its long term effects. He passed it to his first wife before heknew what it was.(They married at a young age in college). He had very bad obs for years with headaches and body aches.) As the years went on they became less severe and less frequent. He is in his 40s now and there was a time when I first met him that he went years without an ob. We have been together for 5 years and he has had maybe a handful(once or twice a year). They are not bad at all. He is very healthy, takes vitamins and is a runner so I think this all helps. I am younger than him and would like to have a child so he has started taking valtrex every day to maybe help reduce the chance of transmission(i am type 2 neg). I have type 1 orally and have had my share of obs on the mouth which were very bad as a child now once every couple of years. Please don't be so discouraged. We have a wonderful relationship and there is so much more to our relationship tha t the h is sooooo minor. It will be this way for you too when you meet the right person. My husbands last relationship with a girl ended after a couple of years due to other reasons not h. Although she knew about it and never contracted it. My h is very in tune with his body and just does a check every day as routine in the shower. If he is not feeling "right" we just don't. I know he has lived with this longer than you and has time to deal with it but please don't let in take over yout life because if you let it, it can and will. Your mind is so powerful. Focus on all of your good qualities and put this in perspective. It is a skin condition and you have to be very careful, listen to your body and use protection, right? Big deal! It could be alot worse. When my husband has an ob he hardly thinks about it anymore so much more to life! PLease try really hard to look at it this way! YOU WILL BE FINE! good luck, hope this helps

The following user gives a hug of support to lbp35:
miajoycat (12-11-2010)
The Following User Says Thank You to lbp35 For This Useful Post:
miajoycat (12-11-2010)
Closed Thread