It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2004, 08:21 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

anna-bananna HB User
help with herpes on the nipples

Is it possible to have herpes on the nipples? Some how I know the answer to this question..I guess I am just reaching out tying not to be so hard on my self and believe that itis not the end of the world. I am at work right not fighting tring my hardest not to break down crying. This is an idea of a reality that I have been dealing with for a while now but....some days are harder than others. If anyone has experienced this or can offer some advice or words of encouragement please help me. I just keep thinking about it I can't concentrate on anything else. I really need some one to talk to or correspone via this board please help me, I'm in need of some type of something to help me deal with this

Old 04-06-2004, 12:02 PM   #2
Inactive

serialnovelist HB User
Re: help with herpes on the nipples

i'd love to help but i've never even heard of herpes on the nipples before and would know nothing about it. but try not to stress too much, it'll only makes things worse and like i was told when i first got to these boars, don't dwell it'll drive ya nuts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2004, 12:36 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

backpacker HB Userbackpacker HB User

It's possible to have it anywhere where the virus can enter through an opening in the skin. But why do you think you have it? What's happened?

Believe me, all of us felt the way you do when we first realized we might have it. It seems like a death sentence. But it isn't--it is something very manageable. I've had h for at least 14 years now. It hasn't affected my life much, I don't think about it often (except I like coming to this board when I can,) and I am a very cheerful person. I've had a few different relationships since contracting it (from my ex--but the break-up had nothing to do with herpes), am with my soulmate now who does not have it, and I had my last two children after discovering I had it. So---life goes on. Please try (though it's very hard) to relax and realize that you will deal constructively with whatever you must face.

Old 04-06-2004, 01:48 PM   #4

caughtupinit HB User

don't sweat it. i don't have herpes, but i can tell you that way more people are willing to accept you than you think. for my own part, the only reason i would ever reject someone would be dishonesty about it. as long as you're straight up with someone you know you're going to sleep with and give them the benefit you probably were not given yourself, then you've already gone and gained their respect and trust. when i was informed of the situation with my girl, i already liked her a lot, but having the proof right there of her consideration for me and her willingness to be honest in spite of the consequences was enough to overcome any doubts i may have had. and believe me, i used to sit around looking at disgusting pictures of worst-case herpes infections just to convince myself that i should break it off and cut my losses, but i couldn't, because i couldn't ignore what a badass person she was.
your problem won't go away, but your anxieties will if you let them. there's nothing you can do about it but take care of yourself, so you might as well look for the benefits and take a realistic, not pessimistic, view of the negatives.

as for herpes on the breasts, i don't know anything about that. maybe if you have piercings in your nipples and someone with oral herpes sucked on them?

Old 04-06-2004, 03:49 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

devastated HB User

Hi, unfortunately, I can say with certainty that herpes on the nipples is possible. My first genital outbreak included herpes sores on my nipples and on my finger. The sores on my nipples were EXTREMELY painful! All locations swabbed positive for HSV1. Since my initial outbreak 1 1/2 years go, I have had 2 subsequent genital outbreaks that only consisted of 1 or 2 bumps that really didn't bother me much at all. I have never had any further symptoms on my nipples or finger though...

Old 04-06-2004, 03:50 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

devastated HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by caughtupinit
maybe if you have piercings in your nipples and someone with oral herpes sucked on them?
EXACTLY what happened to me...you hit it right on the nose...or would that be nipple? hehe

Old 04-06-2004, 03:53 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

devastated HB User

Oh, on a brighter note to the original poster...my doctor told me that the nipples are not an area that HSV likes very much, and she told me she doubted that I would ever get symptoms there again, or at least very rarely. So far, she has been right.

Old 04-07-2004, 07:59 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

anna-bananna HB User
Question Re: help with herpes on the nipples

Well back in December both of my nipples just broke out, it looked like a fever blister on my nipples. After a few days they started to clear up but not back to normal. I noticed that there were little tiny bumps within my nipples, and if I looked even closer some of them were kind of white and very small. I would notice some slight tingling feeling, just like before a fever blister. There were a few pin sized bumps on my areola ( the brown part of the nipple) but those have been there for a while and those broke out also.

I have supected that I might have had H before when I was in college, but when I went to the doctor since there was nothing there to visibily swab, they did not, and told me that it was probally a yeast infection and gave me some meds and sent me on my way. After this happened a few times, going to the doctor and every thing the whole nine, same meds, same speech, along with depleating funds, I started to believe that I was just parinoid and nothing was wrong. So when whenever I got those itchy feelings I just bought the over tthe counter meds and everything was fine.

I went to the doctor yesterday. Told him everything ( previous doctors visits, my concerns about oral anything (sex, kissing nipples, and fever blisters) and he told me that H is what he is thinking that it is, and if my partner had fever blisters that he could have very well have given it to me, or I may have given it to him and he transported it to my nipples. He said that he does not bother with testing cause you can't tell if it is a previous infection from the fever blister, or what is on my nipples. He said that once you have been introduced to it it will always be in your system. He gave me some Elcon cream to use 2-3 times a day and a prescription for Valtrex. $ 83 for 20 500mg pills that I should take twice a day. I don't have inshurance so does anyone have advice on that. or where I could get the pills cheaper, don't know if you can only get them through the doctor or what.

Any way now I am dealing with the fact that I have had it for quite some time now and, could I have been ignoring it all that time? Looking at it that way makes me feel really stuipd, but on the other hand looking at it that way let's me know that it is possible for me to deal with it, cause I already have been dealing with it, which is crazy..but hey can't turn back the hands of time now, I can only look ahead and hope that the Val helps clear up the nipples. I keep reminding myself that life has been good over the past few years, and I have been happy, and this has all been going on with the H, so what has to change now except taking a few pills.

Last edited by anna-bananna; 04-07-2004 at 08:01 AM.

Old 04-07-2004, 02:33 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

anna-bananna HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by devastated
Oh, on a brighter note to the original poster...my doctor told me that the nipples are not an area that HSV likes very much, and she told me she doubted that I would ever get symptoms there again, or at least very rarely. So far, she has been right.
About exactly how long did it take for the outbreak to subside on you nipples? Since I am taking Valtrex now I hope it will help, but what if it does not and it's constantly there? I know that your doctor told you ( H does not like the nipples) and it came to pass, but guess I'm just worried cause it's been there silently for a while and I know thta it is there. If you don't mind me asking what did yours look like, is it somewhat like what I described in my earlier post?

Thanx every one takin it one day at a time

Old 04-08-2004, 04:23 AM   #10
Senior Veteran

devastated HB User

hmm, it's been a while, but if I remember correctly, I think it took about a week for it to go away. Each nipple had just 1 ulcer/canker sore looking thing on it.

Old 05-18-2004, 07:57 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

anna-bananna HB User

Well the nipps are still around but guess what..... they are getting better and I am so very happy.....Man you don't know how it feels for them to be feeling so normal so ...non-sensitive. (and just when that happens I get a gen ob, I can't remenber when I had one and on top of all that my periods due) Yippie
( SAID SARCASTICALLY). But lets not get too happy. O.K. here is the deal

Experiment #1

1. I started the UT and that is when I really noticed the initial difference, they were not as sore and they really felt like nothing was wrong I mean no after shower towel abuse feelings just by dring off. It was great, although it did not really do anything for my face. But the only thing is that I would still see those little tiny white bumps with in my nipples and I am still worried about that.

Experiment #2

2. Garlic oil... Even though it is really strong it worked for me, on the "NIPPS" to me this has been the best thing for them in addition to making them feel better I have noticed that they are not as red pinkish ( signailing irritation) on the innermost part of them. That has really been the high-light of my expermentation. But there again I still see those little white bumps with in the nipples them selves.

Conclusion

Can I assume that even though the nipples 1. Feel better 2. Look better, because of the little white bumps within them that the ob is still present? I tried the peroxide thing and besides looking like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid there, the results have been consistant. It bubbles very minimal if at all, and the bumps are still present.

I feel as though even if I did go to the doctor again what they would tell me is the same things that they already have told me, and out of the things that I have tried and had success with they did not recommend any of them, so I would really like these white bumps to be gone but I don't know what to do next. I mean I am happy with the results thus far but I would like to be even happier.

Anyone have any advice

On the serious tip I really hope that this information helps someone that is looking for it....Again I am all about what works. And thank all of you for having the courage for sharing you remedies and experiences, no matter how outlandish ( wich was my initial success and reason for a well mouisterised (sp) face) .Cause even though we are all communicating Via Computer it would have been so easy to hide behind that 2-way mirror called shame but we did not and I am very greatful that we did not. Knowledge is definately power, and here we are strong.

Make protected luv
Not war

I'm out

Old 05-18-2004, 07:28 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ornament HB User

Good for you, Anna....

As I sit @ the computer, checking my nipples....One of mine seems to get a little sore from time to time (rough sex, LOL)...but, otherwise no visible blisters or redness...just a slight sensation, probably from messing w/them, myself.....sounds strange, sorry....But, I'm so glad that you found relief with yours......So here's to your nipples, as she raises her wine glass.....I'm glad you found something that worked....and keep sharing info., I truly enjoy your posts and your attitude.....
Take care, Smiling-Ornament....

Old 05-19-2004, 06:54 AM   #13

outinthesticks HB User

Hey anna-- The little white bumps you talk about, do they look like what you would normally consider a tiny white head pimple but under the skin?? Just curious, cause I have them on my nipples too. I'm sure I don't have herpes on my nipples, but I did breastfeed both of my kids and I have really sensitive skin. I experienced a serious trauma to them while nursing, I mean seriously, my first child sucked blisters on them and then (sorry for the graphics here) pieces of flesh started to come off. I swear, I had 1/4 inch cracks and holes in my nipples for a long time. ANYWAY, after they healed, I noticed these tiny white bumps on the nipple itself. and in little patches around the areola. I still have them and I weaned my last kid a year and a half ago. Could be that those white bumps were always there, we just never paid enough attention to them until we had to doctor them... or they show up after a nipple trauma??

Old 05-19-2004, 07:23 AM   #14
Veteran
(female)

anna-bananna HB User

Yes at times they do appear to be under the skin, but sometimes when they seem more "drier" the bumps seem to be bumps (very tiny ) comming from the nipple, like I could actually move it with my fingernail. ok now let me clarify not like it is very big or a lump that you could move, but you know when you have a small bump or small harir on your chin you can use your pinkey nail to better gauge the problem, it is like that if that helps.

And when I get in the shower I can really see them I don't know if it is because the warm water makes them erect and I can see things in the nipp in more detail or what, but basically every time I get in the shower I check them and I can see the little white dots in my nipple, but in a few min after I get out of the shower they are kinda gone, like not as noticable. It is like they go in to retreat mode and they appear to be more under the skin.

As you mention that I can remember feeling some slight nipple irritation before I even thought about having H on my nipples but I did not really think any thing of it ( I am pretty sure that I had H then but did not know what it was) I mean sometimes they were so sensitive that a shirt aganits them was kinda painful. And about the areola, I have noticed like 3 smaller bumps on each areola, that seem to be made up of smaller bumps. They don't look white but sometimes I can see a little white head with in the bumps. And they also seem to flip flop with the degree of severity when the nipple is soft or hard sometimes, like sometimes that skin around the bump may be wrinkely, then there is not that much of a problem, but when it is not I can see the bumps more clearly.

What makes me seem that it may be H is that Back in December both of my nipps just broke out. I mean it looked like I had a feverblister on my nipps( I was so devistated). And when I went to the doc's I let him do his thing, with out throwing stuff out there and he said that that is what he think that it may be ( they did not have that apperence they I was not having what I thought was an ob , he was basically looking at what I see every day now) , so I don't know I just don't want to ignore it if it is that but I don't have a reason to think other wise. And now is when I seem to be having the most problems ( after that ob ). I don't remember being that conscious about them until recently. What did you doctor say, did any one ever tell you that that could be a possibility?? And what do you do for them now are they painful, anytime??

Old 05-19-2004, 07:28 AM   #15
Veteran
(female)

anna-bananna HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ornament
Good for you, Anna....

As I sit @ the computer, checking my nipples....One of mine seems to get a little sore from time to time (rough sex, LOL)...but, otherwise no visible blisters or redness...just a slight sensation, probably from messing w/them, myself.....sounds strange, sorry....But, I'm so glad that you found relief with yours......So here's to your nipples, as she raises her wine glass.....I'm glad you found something that worked....and keep sharing info., I truly enjoy your posts and your attitude.....
Take care, Smiling-Ornament....

Feelings are mutual thank you also for the information that you have given me you have been a member longer that I but when I first came here I did my homework and your previous cheat sheets( prior posts) have helped me become better prepaired for the test when it is time to take them. Hell I have even been ready for a few pop-quizzes. Sucks to test Down with education-up with relaxation Ok I GOT A LITTLE CARRIED AWAY there but laughter if the best medicine, and I have some bottled now for a one time discounted price of $29.95. Act now these wont' last long

Closed Thread