It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2004, 12:09 PM   #1

mrcharlie HB User
Can I (male) get oral herpes from oral sex (female)?

my wife has genital herpes with only a couple of outbreaks a year. is it possible for me to get oral herpes from performing oral sex on her? I cannot get a straight answer from anywhere. Can someone please shed some light on this for me. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2004, 04:57 PM   #2

rockandroller HB User
Re: Can I (male) get oral herpes from oral sex (female)?

rkm,

read all the posts on here about type 2 and what to do if you have relations with an infected person. it's possible to not contract it, but just be careful. wash up right after you get together and wear condoms. it's all in these pages. just take time and read.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2004, 10:05 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

backpacker HB Userbackpacker HB User

mrcharlie, it is possible, but not real probable. Of course, don't have any kind of sex when she has an ob, or for a few days after it disappears, or (this is the tricky part) for a few days before. She probably feels some kind of symptoms (leg tingling, unexplained fatigue, malaise, dryness, etc) when she is going to get an ob. If you're really worried about it, try washing your mouth afterwards and rinsing with a germ-killing mouthwash or peroxide.

Old 05-28-2004, 10:45 AM   #4

karlthebunny HB User

"shed"ding is the optimal word.

Depends on which virus she has, 1 or 2, and if you already have the virus yourself.

simple answer, 'yes'. if she has type 1 genitally.

Testing is the only way to learn which type it is. If you have the same type, then your body has created the antibodies to protect itself, chances would be slim to none. Unless your imune system is compromised in some way, you don't recatch it.

From my research, and if someone can correct me, it is almost unheard of for someone to catch 2 orally. And it is the least likely to reoccur if it is caught orally.

Avoid sex durning outbreaks, prodromes for up to 5 days after all symptoms have gone.

Closed Thread