It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2004, 03:22 PM   #1

D.Dion HB User
Herpes on the head?

Hi all. I was just informed I have most likely have a herpes infection on my head. Two spots near each other have been acting up and I have already started valtrx after three days of finding the 'rash'. Is this a common thing to have an infection on my head like this?

Old 08-23-2004, 08:16 PM   #2

RegretfulHeart HB User
Exclamation Re: Herpes on the head?

Dear D.,
I can relate to what youre going through...Like I posted to another person, I get outbreaks in all different places, not just "down there"...I have a couple scars, kinda surface dips, on the back of my hand, from 2 outbreaks last year, and recently I found some *****ley red bumps surfacing on my legs, from when I shaved my legs in the shower a couple days ago, now 4 days ago, I noticed a zit type bump on my hairline, only it wasnt a zit, it was one outbreak, and now when i feel near it, its scabbed over, like its shedding, Ive never had any on my head, until now, and I know its from when i massage my scalp in the shower, when im shampooing and conditioning my hair...its sad because there's no way to keep the outbreaks only in ONE area, because they can spread while your showering, or even shaving....Because in the shower, u use your hands usually to massage your skin, when using soap or, u hold a loofah or cloth with lathered soap on it, to clean, but that spreads herpes, because you are "moist" in the shower, and it doesnt just take sex to spread them, a shower is a haven for opportunities to spread the virus, and even break open the skin of old outbreaks, while your showering....so I have heard of herpes on the head, because Im proof of that...And though I havent "read" of head herpes, in one catagory of its own, like genital herpes, or oral herpes, because most herpes dont start right there, like they do on the mouth or down below, I believe a lot of people out there living with herpes have recurrent outbreaks, and new outbreaks in odd places, too, just like on the legs, or fingers/and hands (because of course our hands do get somewhat near and/or on our private regions at some point in our lives) and some people can get herpes on their lower tummy too....it just all depends on what your doing, thats spreading the virus, or where your outbreaks are located....hope this information helps...if u have any other ?'s feel free to post and ill do my best...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2004, 08:27 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

movingrightalong HB User
Re: Herpes on the head?

Regreful Heart,
How do you know that a few red bumps on your leg after shaving are herpes? Have you had them tested before?

Old 08-24-2004, 01:04 PM   #4

RegretfulHeart HB User
Lightbulb Re: Herpes on the head?

moving-i havent had every inch of my body tested, if i got a bump and went to the er everytime i had some spots show, id rack up some serious hospital bills, and i dont have insurance, so id have to pay for all that, and i dont have that kinda money, i know its herpes cuz i tested pos. for genital herpes last summer, and now thats its been over a year the virus can spread, especially when u bathe and shave certain areas, or rub them with a bath towel or sponge,...thats how i know...i didnt get just one spot on my leg or scalp tested, but it does spread and is always erupting in new areas, when u have it...i wish it didnt but it does unfortunately...

Old 08-24-2004, 11:34 PM   #5

bontok12 HB User
Re: Herpes on the head?

I dont understand. I test neg for Herpes one and two, using IGG Herpes test, but I GET GENITAL and Oral Outbreak, and know I may have of gotten Ocular Herpes. Great I am going blind know.

If blood report says its not Herpes, than what ??? My doc refuse to put me on meds.

Closed Thread