It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2004, 04:23 AM   #1

paul.england HB User
Tingling in Urethra

Hi, i recently had a urethral swab done for STD tests after a thrush infection. It came back that i had an NSU, which surprised me, and prescribed 1g Azithromycin. About 8 hours-1 day after having this i noticed a persistent tingling feeling inside my urethra. No burning, discharge, itching etc. This has continued for 4 days. I saw my local doctor and she prescribed medication for uti but explained it might be a herpes infection. It has been 7 days since my last sexual experience and have had no other symptoms, lesions or blisters or tingling of legs/back. How likely is it that i have contracted herpes if it is just tingling alone? My brother, in med school at moment, thought it might just be mechanical damage from the swab affecting my urethra. How many of you with HSV suffer from tingling inside the urethra/penis?

Many thanks

Paul

Old 08-31-2004, 12:17 PM   #2

paul.england HB User
Re: Tingling in Urethra

Anybody? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Should i put zovirax on the site and see if that resolves the issue?

Paul

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2004, 07:08 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

backpacker HB Userbackpacker HB User

I have had herpes for 14 years, but before that I went through about a decade of nsu and urinary problems. It could definitely be irritation from the swab. Why did they do that? They should be able to test your pee. Don't ever let anyone near your urethra unless it's an emergency. That's how I ended up with such problems--and it was all due to 1) too little lubrication in my body for sex, and I was too young to know, and 20 an insensitive and ignorant dr who also didn't know, and did so much to abrade and injure my urethra that it took 10 years to heal right. I'd rather have herpes any day.

Anyway, I'll bet it's just irritation. Drink a whole lot of pure water, rest well, and take your acidophilus.

Old 09-01-2004, 12:51 AM   #4

paul.england HB User

Thanks for the reply. Im trying to rule out the possibility of herpes. How long after the tingling do lesions begin to break out? If the tingling is here for say, 2 weeks, how likely is it that it is herpes?

Paul

Closed Thread