It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2004, 09:52 PM   #1

bodybuilda HB User
'Pimple' On Head Of Penis

Hi, after having unprotected sex, the next morning which was about id say 7 hours later or so, and i noticed a very tiny pimple like bump on the head of my penis, like some what near the 'pee hole' to the left.
Can this be herpes?
Because this girl is clean, but who knows maybe she lied?
I know people get pimples on the shaft of penis due to infected follicles, but im not to sure about them appearing on the head of the penis.

Also its been a little over a week now and the little pimple thing on the left side of the head is now very small like barely barely can see it..
how ever now i noticed one on the right side which was similar to the earlier one on the left.
Please tell me what you guys think.

Thanks.

Old 09-09-2004, 06:46 PM   #2

bodybuilda HB User
Re: 'Pimple' On Head Of Penis

anyone....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2004, 07:04 PM   #3

bodybuilda HB User
I have done some research on genital herpes and they say that you may or may not have symptoms, how ever if you do such as these tiny pimple like things, that they turn into painful blisters.

Lets say I develop the tiny pimples but it doesn't turn into a blister, then that means it can not be genital herpes right, rather something else?

Old 09-09-2004, 07:10 PM   #4
(female)

derri2004 HB User

The only way to know for sure is goto the DR. or your local county health department...they do it for really inexpensive...$15 for me...then you'll know for sure...either way...you'd probably want to know.

Last edited by Administrator; 10-16-2010 at 07:17 PM.

Old 09-09-2004, 07:41 PM   #5

bodybuilda HB User

It's just that im in denial that its possible i have one because ive only had sex twice adn with the same girl, and she says she is clean...
I said how do you know, she said something called a doctor.
And i do know she has gone because all her condomns are from the planned parenthood place and stuff.
So i know for sure she has at least gone there.

And again herpes or genital warts or whatever the hell i might possibly have, i would only get it most likely if the virus is "active" right?
So what can the odds be of me having sex twice that i had sex with her while she is having an "outbreak"?
I mean how often do people with genital herpes have outbreaks?
I no it varies from person to person but lets put the odds against me and if someone can tell me the most number of outbreaks one can have in a year or something.

Old 09-09-2004, 08:14 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

backpacker HB Userbackpacker HB User

Some people get it every month or even more often; others never have symptoms at all, and most people fall in between those extremes.

Do these little pimples hurt at all? Or itch? Have you had any redness or swelling? Though symptoms vary, usually there is some kind of discomfort or pain.

And did you ask the girl if she got a test for herpes specifically? They do not include herpes tests in the normal STD battery. If she was tested specifically for herpes, ask if it was a swab test or a blood test. Herpes tests often give false negatives. And you can get it from someone who has no symptoms at the time, though it's not as likely.

Old 09-09-2004, 08:20 PM   #7

bodybuilda HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by backpacker
Some people get it every month or even more often; others never have symptoms at all, and most people fall in between those extremes.

Do these little pimples hurt at all? Or itch? Have you had any redness or swelling? Though symptoms vary, usually there is some kind of discomfort or pain.

And did you ask the girl if she got a test for herpes specifically? They do not include herpes tests in the normal STD battery. If she was tested specifically for herpes, ask if it was a swab test or a blood test. Herpes tests often give false negatives. And you can get it from someone who has no symptoms at the time, though it's not as likely.

No they do not itch or anything when i touch them.
And no i did not ask her about the herpes test.
I dont think it matters, maybe she would lie if she has one.

Well do people even get little pimples on the head of the penis for some other reason?

Old 09-10-2004, 09:05 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

backpacker HB Userbackpacker HB User

There's a lot of stuff out there...seems like. But not having ever had a penis, I don't know. Won't some guys chime in here?

Old 09-11-2004, 09:41 PM   #9
(male)

JamesV HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodybuilda
I have done some research on genital herpes and they say that you may or may not have symptoms, how ever if you do such as these tiny pimple like things, that they turn into painful blisters.

Lets say I develop the tiny pimples but it doesn't turn into a blister, then that means it can not be genital herpes right, rather something else?

I've had it for years. I've never seen it start as a pimple. I usually have two small blisters that pop very easily. Normally they have already popped by the time I notice them. They don't really hurt but the area around the two sores does get red and slightly swollen. I do get a really bad headache usually the day before my outbreak at the base of my skull. From what I've read most places incubation from initial infection is from 2 to 20 days. If you noticed it a 7 hours after sex my guess is its not herpes. Then again, I'm not a doctor so you may want to see one and get his opinion.
Good luck to you.

Last edited by JamesV; 09-12-2004 at 09:21 AM.

Old 09-12-2004, 04:23 PM   #10

bodybuilda HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by backpacker

Well since she went to get tested for STD's im assuming she took the herpes test to because wouldnt the doctors tell her to take a herpes test also?

Old 09-12-2004, 07:23 PM   #11

SweetBee2 HB User

No - Drs. don't offer a herpes test as part of the whole routine unless you've had symptoms. When you go in for tests - the standard is Chlymidia, Gonnorhea, a visual for warts, and HIV if you ask for it. So you're usually not checked for syphillis, herpes, or hepatitis unless requested or showing symptoms. (Lovely, yes? Ha.)

I went in a while back (before actually getting this) worried I had been exposed, but with no symptoms. And the Dr. said, "I could give you a blood test, but you have no symptoms. So you're probably fine. And if it came back positive, you'd have to deal with telling everyone all the time." As in - let's not bother because if you're asymptomatic you could just live easier not knowing. Needless to say, I switched doctors.

As for this girl - as they say - it just takes once. I slept with a very nice guy only once, simply didn't know he had it, and there you go. Very frustrating. But a reminder to be cautious while trying to enjoy life.

Old 09-12-2004, 08:38 PM   #12

bodybuilda HB User

Well wouldn't they at least mention that at some point you should take a herpes test etc. when you go to a doctor and the doctor knowing your sexually active.

They would at least inform their patients on these right.

Also i know there are several different types of HPV's, lets say i have a "x" type of HPV, i can only transmit that "x" type of HPV right?

Same with herpes if the person that has herpes that transmits it to you, whonever has symptoms ever, does that mean you also wouldnt?

Last edited by bodybuilda; 09-12-2004 at 08:39 PM.

Old 09-12-2004, 09:12 PM   #13

SweetBee2 HB User

Nah - herpes simply isn't one of those things Drs. suggest. It's only been in the past year that I've even thought about it, due to circumstances.

Here's the deal with HPV: yes, there are a variety of different strains of the wart virus. And you pass along whichever you have. Some of these are more likely than others to trigger cervical cancer in women.

As for Herpes (as with any virus) - you pass along the strain that you've been exposed to. So a particularly virulent strain would be more likely to be rough on you, and a less virulent one, where the person who gave it to you didn't even know, probably could be easier on you. But just because the person who gave it to you had no outbreaks DOESN'T mean you won't. Because everyone's body reacts differently to a viral infection. It's like the people who never get sick, and the people who always have a cold. Some people are allergic to everything, others aren't. The man I was with - no symptoms. Me? Outbreak and felt like the flu. It's all in how your body handles something.

Old 09-12-2004, 09:16 PM   #14

bodybuilda HB User

Ok, do you know if pimples appear on the HEAD(glans) of the penis for some other reason besides herpes infection hpv etc.?

Because i see a bunch of tiny pimple like things that dont even hurt nor itch.

And sometimes its red and then later filled with lots of white stuff, then red again, then back to white.

Old 09-12-2004, 09:24 PM   #15

SweetBee2 HB User

Sadly - that's anatomy that I'm only familiar with by invitation. I have seen men w/small bumps on the head of their penises, but not with pus. It is SKIN, which means I guess it can be prone to anything normal skin is prone to (infections, impetigo, etc.) as well as signs of STDs. But I'm not a Dr, so ??? Good Luck!

Closed Thread