It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2004, 11:58 AM   #1

johnny1509 HB User
little white bumps on my lips

New to the board...33 y/o male. I have noticed that I have little white bumps on the lips...knd of inline with where my top lip touches my bottom lip. And where the center of my top lips touches the bottom lip, there is a bigger patch. The bumps don't feel raised or are the slightest bit raised. they are not at the edge of my lips, and they are not painfull. Is there any reason to be concerned???? Could this be from my lips, when they are dry and touching, sort of stick together?

Old 09-17-2004, 09:42 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

anna-bananna HB User
Re: little white bumps on my lips

I think that I remember someone saying something about this once before and I have these also about 2 or 3 on my bottom lip. I think that they are called Fordice bumps. I know that men have them on theie penis a lot but I don't know if it is the same type of thing. You could do a search for fordyce bumps here you might want to check the spelling first and you could look on the net for back ground info.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2004, 04:51 AM   #3

johnny1509 HB User
Re: little white bumps on my lips

You know, I am my worst enemy.....When I saw these bumps (which I knok have been there forever) I started worrying that it was herpes. I believe I have had cold sores before when I was a kid, and when I was depressed after a girlfriend of 8 years broke up with me. And my wife's best friend gets cold sores every few months as do all of her kids. And we are around them all of the time. So I, being the worrying type started looking things up on the computer...and the more I read, the more I worried. I started checking my mouth hourly...putting Abreeva on my lips, also checking my penis everytime I went to the bathroom. I get so worried, I make my groin burn. I have pulled on my penis so much and played with the head so much that I have irritated it and have pulled open the meatus so much that I have irritated it as well. I have been fighting a sinus infection/sore throat at the same time, so I occaisionally feel feverish and my mouth (inside cheeks seems irritatedbut no sores as of yet. This has been going on for a week. I have been scared to death that I have GH. I guess I need to have a blood test to see if I have the antibodies for HSV1 or HSV2. I guess I am so depressed and stressed right now that I could have caused an outbreak. But I have no sores on my lips....but they are irritated all around the outer edge (probably from running my fingers accross them all of the time to check) I think that if I was going to get sores, I would have by now. By the way, I am a 33 y/o white male, married for 6 years, with a mild sexual past history in that I am not the type to pick up street walkers, but I have met ladies at bars and received oral from them, maybe intercourse (w/ condom) So I guess it is possible that I could have either and have just not had any type of outbreak that I know of or would recognize. I am really nervous and I guess I need to stop reading web sites and getting myself thinking that something is wrong.

Closed Thread