It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2004, 09:53 PM   #1

SweetBee2 HB User
Question Blisters and Zinc

Two questions to some of the more veteran members:

First, is it bad if I pop these blisters? In the hopes that they would then drain and dry out faster I performed "minor surgery" tonight (you should have seen me, it was hysterical - I had latex gloves and everything, if it wasn't such a pathetic moment I would have been laughing the whole time....) I sterilized a razor blade and then afterwards basically doused everything with rubbing alcohol and hydrogen peroxide. And then put a dressing on it. (I'm lucky, the ob is always off to the side). I'm just paranoid about the blisters bursting at some random moment and oozing all over unaffected areas. Sigh.

Second question - does anyone know of a topical zinc product? I searched the board and saw people taking zinc suppliments, but I've read that zinc sulfate and zinc gluconate can work wonders as a topical paste. Anyone know anything about this? Zinc oxide (found in baby diaper rash stuff) isn't supposedly at all effective though.

Just curious

Old 09-30-2004, 06:46 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

anna-bananna HB User
Re: Blisters and Zinc

I don't know about the zinc topical ointment but I have heard not to burst them. Would a pantyliner help?? Then there would be no drainage to get on another place.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2004, 06:56 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ornament HB User

SweetBee2 ~
I have one constant bump. I think it is the spot that the virus entered my skin. Sometimes, it's larger than @ other times. I wouldn't try to pop it if I were you. My hurts when pressure is applied. And I've read if the bumps are kept moist (like with an ointment), then it takes longer for them to dry up and go away. Drier is better.I've never, tried Zinc, cause I'm allergic to it. Just sharing some thoughts, -Orn

Last edited by Ornament; 09-30-2004 at 06:56 AM.

Old 09-30-2004, 07:41 AM   #4
(female)

crdard HB User

I Pop Mine All The Time And Put Alcohol On Them I Read This On A Herpes Site A Doctor Suggested It To Me It Seem Like The Healing Time Is Faster

Old 09-30-2004, 08:10 AM   #5

kierstyn_04 HB User

This is the part that confuses me, you all talk about blisters, I never get blisters. I was disgnosed by a dr, and he said yes I do have H. But when I get an OB it just looks like a open cut or sore. But the reason I am writing is that when I do get them I do put alcohol on htem and even though it does sting for a second it is well worth it because they are gone in like 2 dyas if that long if I do it more than once or twice.
So, every time you get an ob is it a blister that you have to pop or is it sometimes like what I described , just a open sore, kinda like a cut.
And to answer your other question, I dont know where or how to get zinc oinment, but I read that you just disolve a zinc tablet in a little bit of water till it makes a paste, and when you apply it, it doesnt stay wet, it actually dries almost instantly, hope that helps.

Last edited by kierstyn_04; 09-30-2004 at 08:13 AM.

Old 09-30-2004, 08:17 AM   #6
(female)

crdard HB User

Mine Are Blisters

Old 09-30-2004, 09:35 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ornament HB User

Kierstyn04 ~
Mine is a single blister/bump, that looks like it has yellowish fluid in it. (sorry, if graphic) But, it hard and hurts when pressure is applied. My "thrill guy", has a bump, like a mosquito bite, but about the size of a dime and it's skin-colored. He also, gets slashes, that look like paper cuts. I guess, everyone is different. I'm wondering if H looks different, because of it's strain or it's location....I don't know for sure.
There's my 3 cents worth, Smiles-Orn

Old 09-30-2004, 11:08 AM   #8

SweetBee2 HB User

Thanks for the suggestions all! I'd say location probably does have something to do with the visual. My ob are the size of a nickel - and off to the side. It's a cluster of small blisters. But as the skin is thicker/different there than say on a ladies' unmentionables, it probably reacts differently. Mine actually don't hurt at all - just itches like the beejesus. And the itching definitely gets better after the blisters drain and I douse it in peroxide and rubbing alcohol.

Lately the worst part is sticking a bandaid on top of it down there. Those suckers hurt to remove!!! Yee-haw!

Old 10-01-2004, 08:53 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

anna-bananna HB User

I don't think that I have ever seen "FLUID" in any of them. Mainly when I first started having my primary it was more like open spres and man were they open I mean Kinda like a painful rawness. Now I have found noe figured out that I HAVE hemmhoriods (sp) and sometimes I can't tell which H is acting up and that really sucks. I think that I really need to make some changes diretary and everything and stick to anti Herpes regimine so Hey i feel like I have a lot on my plate and sometimes I don't know how to handel it.

Old 10-01-2004, 12:19 PM   #10

SweetBee2 HB User

Anna-bananna -

Just one thing at a time, I guess. I feel your pain - I've managed to get some other very common virus/cold which results in a rash all over my torso for about 8 weeks. Like the H wasn't enough, God's really giving an itchy lesson to me at the moment. But just one day and one thing at a time. My mother gets hemorrhoids and dietary changes really helped her. Feel better!

Old 10-02-2004, 11:17 AM   #11

Ouchithurts HB User

Ok ya'all, my whole experience has been nothing like this. I never had blisters, never had scabs, nothing. What I had was extremely horribly painful little red bumps that then went directly to small shallow white craters, except the one on my old episiotomy scar, which turned into a fissure, its still there. And now, except for that one spot, they are ALL GONE. Any one else with this type of course of disease? There is no way on earth Im putting alcohol on that, its too painful. Kierstyn, your OB sounds kinda like mine, do you get scabs? Arent we the special ones

Old 10-02-2004, 01:58 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

backpacker HB Userbackpacker HB User

Mine starts with an irritated feeling down there, then in a day or so becomes a little swollen and itchy, then gets tiny bumps that fill with a clear fluid (but they are so small that I wouldn't know that without a magnifying glass--not that i even look anymore; I know what's happening) which after another day break open to form one bigger sore (usually only about 1/4 inch diameter) that slowly heals over the next few days. Sometimes my ob's are much milder.

I think zinc oxide ointment (used for diaper rash) is supposed to keep it from healing as fast, but I've never tried it.

Old 10-04-2004, 08:44 AM   #13
Veteran
(female)

anna-bananna HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by backpacker
Mine starts with an irritated feeling down there, then in a day or so becomes a little swollen and itchy, then gets tiny bumps that fill with a clear fluid (but they are so small that I wouldn't know that without a magnifying glass--not that i even look anymore; I know what's happening) which after another day break open to form one bigger sore (usually only about 1/4 inch diameter) that slowly heals over the next few days. Sometimes my ob's are much milder.

I think zinc oxide ointment (used for diaper rash) is supposed to keep it from healing as fast, but I've never tried it.

How can you tell the difference in this and yeast/ if you have not already commented on it i have not checked back yet on the other thread.

And I take it you mean Zinc means to heal it faster???

Closed Thread