HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Herpes (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/herpes/)
-   -   Wax, Shave or electric shave? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/herpes/225972-wax-shave-electric-shave.html)

Lotuslilgrl 11-18-2004 07:06 PM

Wax, Shave or electric shave?

what is best for h?

movingrightalong 11-18-2004 07:44 PM

Re: Wax, Shave or electric shave?

I'm not sure. My preference is waxing, I've waxed for about the last 7 yeasr and I do it myself--but I don't was too far in---- just whatever sticks out of a small bathing suit bottom. Shaving has always irritated me terribly.

Dream0n83 11-18-2004 10:27 PM

im still new to this. but i did shave the whole thing about 4 days ago, and im still good to go! good luck!

vvvv 11-20-2004 10:32 PM

Also, how will laser hair removal affect it. Cause as far as I'm concerned, hair is a curse. Thanks everyone.

vv

justnotfair 11-21-2004 03:45 PM

I am a previous shaver and I do not think I am going to continue. I do not know if its the razors, the cream or soaps I use but I always get razor bumps. It is so easy to get an unnoticeable razor cut; I hate to take any chances.

I saw some double-sided wax strips which I want to try. Removing the hair should keep the area cooler and eliminate moisture.

Dream0n83 11-27-2004 12:02 AM

if your sex partner does any form of hair removal to his/her genital area and they give themselves a little cut or open wound, make sure they inform you as well. Their chances of getting herpes are high.

I was watching talk sex w/sue tonight and she said having an open cut from like a razor or waxing ect is an open wound and the genital fluid can of course get into these wounds!

I know my b/f trims down there but he doesnt shave it completely! Might wanna keep that in mind....

May75 11-27-2004 11:24 PM

I tend to wax. I do the brazilian wax and have had no problem, probably because I just don't get outbreaks. who knows. But it just feels more comfortable, especially around the time of the month and during hot weather.

misskris 12-01-2004 01:01 AM

I get razor bumps and ingrown type cysts a lot. I am looking into laser removal, however pretty expensive. They said that they recommend for people who get razer burn. I've never waxed, too chicken! They only mentioned notifying them if you have herpes around the mouth, for facial hair removal.
I have read, on here I think, that the infected person having a cut somewhere other than the outbreak spot would not transmit the infection. The virus finds it's way to the surface in the outbreak location. So if not active, a small razer cut would not affect anybody. However, if partner has small cut could infect them if you were prodronal, etc.

anna-bananna 12-01-2004 01:58 PM

[QUOTE=Dream0n83]if your sex partner does any form of hair removal to his/her genital area and they give themselves a little cut or open wound, make sure they inform you as well. Their chances of getting herpes are high.

I was watching talk sex w/sue tonight and she said having an open cut from like a razor or waxing ect is an open wound and the genital fluid can of course get into these wounds!

I know my b/f trims down there but he doesnt shave it completely! Might wanna keep that in mind....[/QUOTE]

When does that show come on is that the old lady that talks about sex all of the time ???I know that there is a show that i watch sometimes that comes on the discovery health channel on Mondays I wanna say called Berman and Berman (two sisters ) and they talk about sex alot and provide some very useful information.

Can't remember who said it right now but arent' you scared to SHAVE the entire thing are you scared that you will cut your self. I would like to remove most of the hair down there but I don't really like the shaving cause I also get the bikini bunps around my panty line, and the nair won't gaurentee a precise shape like I want so I am clue less in that arena I would not mind shaving but dont' want to be dissapointed with the type of wax that i buy. I boguth nads for my friend's legs once but she said that they did not work so if any one has any suggestions I would be more than willing to listen. I was thinking about buying some clippers that seems to be the only other solution, ya-know like the ones thwt guys shave their faces with the small ones.

one last question how long should you wait to engaeg in sexual activity ( to let any smaller cut or what ever heal)

c-ya

moondancer659 12-01-2004 03:37 PM

Do you tell the places that you go to wax that you have herpes or do you just do it

moondancer659 12-02-2004 05:41 AM

I use to get binki waxes every three weeks was as close to a brazilla as it could be. I think I would feel wrong if they didnt know. also i would perfer they use a seperate stick each time the dipped back into the wax I am still not convinced that it can't be transmitted by wax. So how do you go about it. moondancer