It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2004, 06:06 PM   #1
(female)

Lotuslilgrl HB User
Wax, Shave or electric shave?

what is best for h?

Old 11-18-2004, 06:44 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

movingrightalong HB User
Re: Wax, Shave or electric shave?

I'm not sure. My preference is waxing, I've waxed for about the last 7 yeasr and I do it myself--but I don't was too far in---- just whatever sticks out of a small bathing suit bottom. Shaving has always irritated me terribly.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2004, 09:27 PM   #3
Inactive

Dream0n83 HB User

im still new to this. but i did shave the whole thing about 4 days ago, and im still good to go! good luck!

Old 11-20-2004, 09:32 PM   #4

vvvv HB User

Also, how will laser hair removal affect it. Cause as far as I'm concerned, hair is a curse. Thanks everyone.

vv

Old 11-21-2004, 02:45 PM   #5
(female)

justnotfair HB User

I am a previous shaver and I do not think I am going to continue. I do not know if its the razors, the cream or soaps I use but I always get razor bumps. It is so easy to get an unnoticeable razor cut; I hate to take any chances.

I saw some double-sided wax strips which I want to try. Removing the hair should keep the area cooler and eliminate moisture.

Old 11-26-2004, 11:02 PM   #6
Inactive

Dream0n83 HB User

if your sex partner does any form of hair removal to his/her genital area and they give themselves a little cut or open wound, make sure they inform you as well. Their chances of getting herpes are high.

I was watching talk sex w/sue tonight and she said having an open cut from like a razor or waxing ect is an open wound and the genital fluid can of course get into these wounds!

I know my b/f trims down there but he doesnt shave it completely! Might wanna keep that in mind....

Old 11-27-2004, 10:24 PM   #7
(female)

May75 HB User

I tend to wax. I do the brazilian wax and have had no problem, probably because I just don't get outbreaks. who knows. But it just feels more comfortable, especially around the time of the month and during hot weather.

Last edited by May75; 11-27-2004 at 10:24 PM.

Old 12-01-2004, 12:01 AM   #8

misskris HB User

I get razor bumps and ingrown type cysts a lot. I am looking into laser removal, however pretty expensive. They said that they recommend for people who get razer burn. I've never waxed, too chicken! They only mentioned notifying them if you have herpes around the mouth, for facial hair removal.
I have read, on here I think, that the infected person having a cut somewhere other than the outbreak spot would not transmit the infection. The virus finds it's way to the surface in the outbreak location. So if not active, a small razer cut would not affect anybody. However, if partner has small cut could infect them if you were prodronal, etc.

Old 12-01-2004, 12:58 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

anna-bananna HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream0n83
if your sex partner does any form of hair removal to his/her genital area and they give themselves a little cut or open wound, make sure they inform you as well. Their chances of getting herpes are high.

I was watching talk sex w/sue tonight and she said having an open cut from like a razor or waxing ect is an open wound and the genital fluid can of course get into these wounds!

I know my b/f trims down there but he doesnt shave it completely! Might wanna keep that in mind....

When does that show come on is that the old lady that talks about sex all of the time ???I know that there is a show that i watch sometimes that comes on the discovery health channel on Mondays I wanna say called Berman and Berman (two sisters ) and they talk about sex alot and provide some very useful information.

Can't remember who said it right now but arent' you scared to SHAVE the entire thing are you scared that you will cut your self. I would like to remove most of the hair down there but I don't really like the shaving cause I also get the bikini bunps around my panty line, and the nair won't gaurentee a precise shape like I want so I am clue less in that arena I would not mind shaving but dont' want to be dissapointed with the type of wax that i buy. I boguth nads for my friend's legs once but she said that they did not work so if any one has any suggestions I would be more than willing to listen. I was thinking about buying some clippers that seems to be the only other solution, ya-know like the ones thwt guys shave their faces with the small ones.

one last question how long should you wait to engaeg in sexual activity ( to let any smaller cut or what ever heal)

c-ya

Old 12-01-2004, 02:37 PM   #10

moondancer659 HB User

Do you tell the places that you go to wax that you have herpes or do you just do it

Old 12-02-2004, 04:41 AM   #11

moondancer659 HB User

I use to get binki waxes every three weeks was as close to a brazilla as it could be. I think I would feel wrong if they didnt know. also i would perfer they use a seperate stick each time the dipped back into the wax I am still not convinced that it can't be transmitted by wax. So how do you go about it. moondancer

Closed Thread