It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2004, 10:33 PM   #1
(female)

dasilly1 HB User
is valtrex proper treatment for a yeast infection?

It's like this I went to the doctor last week for my yeast infection. I don't know exactly how long I've had it, but I know I actually looked at it face to face about 3 weeks ago. (I think I may have had it for a year I just didn't know what it was or how to treat it, so I didn't go to the doctor.) I go to the doctor and she gives me this gyne-lotrimin crap contraption.(A little thing that you pump in you like a tampon and it shoots the medicine in you.) Well, I used the little critter and the next week my yeat infection was still there. (Mainly the bumps. There was burning and itching, too. But after using the contraption, the burning and itching lessened but the bumps were still there. They didn't hurt just irritated me by looking back at me when I looked down at my vagina.) Then I went to the doctor again. She told me I might have herpes, and did a test on me for herpes. The results will be in Friday, December 31. I went to the doctor Monday, Dec. 27. The doctor told me to take Valtrex for 3 days (Tuesday-Thursday), and then call in Friday for the results. The problem is when I went in the first time I told her I was a VIRGIN and I still am, so how can I have herpes? Valtrex is primarily for Genitial Herpes and Cold Sores and stuff. So what should I do? The results are gonna say I don't have herpes unless you get it form masturbation. LOL!! Which I seriously doubt. She told me not to worry but it's hard not to. Why couldn't she have just given me some Diflucan. Help!!! I'm 15, scared, and hoping my parents don't find out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2004, 12:08 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

gerrysgirl HB User
Re: is valtrex proper treatment for a yeast infection?

Have you had oral sex with anyone? Thats how I recently got it. He never even had any cold sores, EVER and I gove herpes type 1. So it is possible to get herpes without having sex. Dont be freaked out, its probably nothing. If you still have somesort of infection of friday after you get your results and tis negative for herpes, simply as for diflucan. Have you ever gotten diflucan before?? I know in canada, if you have gotten it before and you call the pharmasist, usually he/she calls the doctor and they refill it for you.
let us know what happens!!

Old 12-30-2004, 02:21 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

backpacker HB Userbackpacker HB User

I once had what I thought was a really bad yeast infection (not like my herpes sores), which turned out to be a bacterial vaginal infection. I had swelling, intense itching, and lots of painful red dots all over. It was pretty hard to clear up. Ask your dr about doing a culture for that. It can be caused by an imbalance in your vagina between the yeast and the bacteria which both naturally live there, but must be in balance for good health. I got a kind of cream from the dr, and I also went to the health food store and bought some acidophilus to take by mouth. I used the powder kind that you mix with a little water and swallow--and I also squirted a little up inside me the first 3 days. This should help get the balance of good bacteria restored.

If you've never had any kind of sex (besides masturbating) and you don't use your saliva for lubrication when masturbating (and never had cold sores), it's practically impossible that this is herpes. A lot of people assume teenagers are lying about having sex; maybe your dr is.

Please let us know how the test turns out. If the dr did a culture, maybe something other than herpes will show up.

Old 12-30-2004, 07:21 PM   #4
(female)

dasilly1 HB User

No, gerrysgirl, I haven't had oral sex performed on me or performed it on anyone else. So I'll just be waiting until tomorrow for the results. When my doctor says I don't have herpes, I'll immeadiately ask for a prescription for Diflucan. I started to ask for it the first visit, but she gave me the gyne-lotrimin thing. Well, I'll just wait till tomorrow when I get the results. G/2/G. Talk to you tomorrow. Thank you for your responses. They really helped me a lot!

Old 01-03-2005, 06:50 PM   #5
(female)

dasilly1 HB User

I went to the doctor today. I had called in Friday, but the doctor said the results hadn't come in. Today, I went in and found out that the results hadn't come in because the doctor had used the wrong tube or something like that. So she had me to undress and have another doctor check me out. He said he thought it was a yeast infection like I had thought all along. I asked her to give me some Diflucan after he had left, and she did. So thanks, Gerrysgirl and Backpacker for the advice. And I really appreciated the help I needed it. You guys were wonderful. Well, G/2/G. Bye.

Closed Thread