It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2005, 11:25 AM   #1
(female)

kalirb HB User
I am one huge outbreak,,,, uggghhh

Hello,
Having a rather grumpy day, and discussing this with the men in my office, is not an option, but could prove entertaining,,,,,, I am having outbreak, after outbreak. I am on Valtrex, have been for a month. It seems I am just spending lots of money for more outbreaks. I am also taking Lysine to help with the outbreaks. One ob clears up, then I am getting 1 or 2 more to take its place.
I hurt sooo bad, trying to sit in my office chair, is like watching a 90 year old try to sit down. Once I do sit down, it is so painful to have to get up to wait on someone. I am walking like a cowboy that just came off a 6 month trail drive. The seam on my pants is rubbing against the mountain of an ob. I am ready to rip my pants off and run screaming through the office.

My ob, produced a wonderful greenish, puss this morning, followed by a seepage of blood. I made sure to wear some blood red panties to match!!! Ohh, and speaking of these nice surprises, I am now emitting a wonderful, putrid odour from my sores. Sort of like decaying flesh,,, does wonders for the ol sex drive,, nothing like saying to your husband "sorry honey, I am still on this 3 month outbreak, and my skin is rotting off, oh, and btw??? It smells really foul".

If I have to smile at one more customer, I am going to scream at the top of my lungs, "I have herpes damn it, leave me alone!". My head is throbbing, I want to lay down and die, but someone's small child is running and screaming while his parents ar commenting on "how cute he is:". Why am I not independently wealthy??????????

So I spend another small fortune, (even with my insurance) for a cream that is suppossed to help. All it has helped is to stain my undies and lighten my purse. Ughhhh, I just want to cry, I want to go home, but I am trapped here for another 6 hours.
Does anyone else have these days??? Anyone else find Valtrex to be a waste of money??????? Blah, I am done ranting,,,,,,,,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2005, 12:11 PM   #2
(male)

Riquelmy26 HB User
Re: I am one huge outbreak,,,, uggghhh

I used to be like you, but I found out that the more you fight it, the more obs you get. SO I learned to live with it. I made my peace with that damned virus.
One thing that did work for me to get rid of the OBs was: Choraphor. It works very well and I have yet to get an ob on the same area or any area.
Try taking Oregano pills. Read about Oregano and you will find out how good it is against viruses. Hang in there, it will pass. Remember, the more stress you are, the more obs you will get.

Old 02-10-2005, 01:44 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

None of my ob's have been like what you are describing, but then again, mine are at my anal area and cause a different set of issues compared to women who get them around the vaginal area.

My first ob itched and stung like hell, but i refused to go on medication. I felt as this was a virus, my body needs to become accustomed to it so as to weaken the virus as my body gets used to it being there. It's like the common colds/viruses people get during the winter and doctors pump everybody who is willing with antibiotics which aren't necessary in most cases.

It's up to you, but you seem to have given the meds a go, how about going off the meds and trying a number of natural ways of dealing with herpes. If you look back at some of the other pages on this healthboard or do a search you will find loads of info on what has worked for people, just to give you some ideas on where to start.

Firstly, tight pants, jeans, underwear are a no, no. Wear looser clothing. A doctor once mentioned to me that there are numbing creams you can buy so as not to feel the ob. I have used diluted tea tree oil to bathe the area, i've applied garlic oil from those garlic gel capsules and this sooths amazingly, aloe vera gel is something which has worked for some people on these boards. Taking a multivitamin, garlic capsules, oil of oregano are all good ideas, even olive leaf extract works for some. Lysine is very good, but what is not often mentioned is that lysine works best on an empty stomach taken about 20 -30 mins before a meal. I keep my lysine by the bed with some water and as soon as i wake up i take one tablet, i take 2 tablets if i'm having an ob. I then get ready for work etc and will eat something light after the tablet has had roughly 20 or so minutes to get into my system.

One big thing you have to remember is that different things work for different people. You need to experiment with products and no matter what you take, it might not start working till a few weeks down the track as your body needs to absorb it and get into a new cycle. Drinking more water, relaxing, sleeping, resting more is also a good idea.

Old 02-10-2005, 05:56 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

backpacker HB Userbackpacker HB User

Greenish, bad-smelling, sounds like you got a secondary infection (like a bacterial infection in your sore.) It is definitely possible. If I were you, I'd go to a dr and tell him this is really weird, and could it be something on top of a regular ob.

Old 02-11-2005, 01:14 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

beaker24 HB User

Yeah backpacker is right, this could be more than just herpes. There are (unfortunately!) a wide range of vaginal infections which can often be present at the same time as herpes - herpes and thrush is a common combination for example. With my first OB I had thrush which made the whole area feel a lot worse. Also, a lot of women have vaginal infections anyway and the H exacerbates it.

Hope you feel better soon!

Old 02-11-2005, 01:57 PM   #6
(female)

tomuchbagange HB User

When I was first diagnosed my doctor put me on Valtrex for 2 weeks. The outbreak went away and only retuned a month ago was about 10 months from the first one. I have never been on any other meds or done any of these things to keep me from having outbreaks. I think the longer you are on a medication the less it works becuase the virus will change. This last ob I had I cut up garlic and put that in olive oil and rubbed that on the sores. Not sure if it did much, I had the ob and week and it was gone. I think I just try to keep myself healthy, eat right and exercise. Let your immune system do what its ment to. Good luck. Im sorry you have to be in so much pain!

Old 02-11-2005, 06:55 PM   #7
(female)

recyclequeen HB User

My heart goes out to you. Things work for some and not for others...When I have an outbreak I up the regular dose of vitamin e...But then again I am a vitamim freak...I agree with the other posts here...stop wasting your money on prescriptions for herpes...allow your body to adjust to it...my advice...this makes my 2nd year for having herpes...I'm 45...this changes sooo much...I envy those who have found the mate that accepts us as we are.
Take care...

Old 02-13-2005, 12:44 PM   #8
(female)

elleemann HB User

Unfortunatley I know EXACTLY what you mean. I have had one outbreak after another, without a break in between. And all the time on Valtrex!! I am not fond of it at all. I just don't think it works for everyone. My doc said, "give it time to work". This was after 3 months of taking it twice a day!! I bought Choraphor finally (it is expensive though!) and find it to work much better, but for women it might be a tad difficult to use b/c you are supossed to apply it and let the scabs form. Once they form, you are supossed to make sure that the scabs stay intact. It is hard to do since it is moist down there and you have to wipe. Sorry if TMI. Anyway, I do think that Choraphor is better than Valtrex. I don't know if you are talking about Zovirax (the cream), but I never liked that either.

Oh, by the way, are you on BC pills? I think that is what caused my constant obs. I didn't have them often at all b/f going on them, then had them constantly when I was on the pill, then they went away (for the most part) when I went off them!! Just an idea.

Good luck!!

Old 02-16-2005, 09:40 AM   #9
(female)

floridawildfire HB User

Try taking an iron supplement. If you are anemic to any degree, this type of outbreak worsens. Try feo-sol or any iron supp. It will work!

Old 02-16-2005, 10:53 AM   #10
(male)

lodoka HB User

sorry to hear that but you can do this. I am sure it will work.. Stop Taking Valtrax, its just money making for companies.. Take this insted.

2000 MG of Lysine
Buy and Place Super Lysin Cream on your ob with cotton swab
Take 2000 Mg of Vitamin C
400 IU of Vitamin E
Buy Red Marine Alerga (It attacks herpes at cellular level ) - better than Valtrex.
Take Performance Centrum Plus
And finally keep your area dry and clean.

Do this for a week, and tell me. Your OB will stop right away and keep taking lysin and C to prevent getting another ob.

When ever you feel your getting OB, place Super Lysin Cream on and it will stop the ob and take Red Marine it will kill the virus at celluar level and place it back to Dormant

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also from what you say that your getting ob over and over... It seems like yoru diet is bad..

If you are eating anything that has chocolate, nuts, or anything that has Alergine THAN STOP, because it causes herpes to reactive.

Start eating food in high rich LYsine, like beans and stuff.

Hope this helps..

please try it for a week and let me konw.. you will know, and STOP taking Valtrax if it hasnt work in 1 month than it wont work.. If it was going to work, it would within the first weak.

Closed Thread