It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2005, 11:03 AM   #1
(female)

confused05 HB User
Confused Herpes 1 vs. 2

Ok, now I started getting blisters/sores on my lip. This is in addition to the vaginal itching/tingling I've been feeling for a week now, plus flulike symptoms like fever, very bad sore throat, and fatigue. It seems like I have both oral and genital herpes?? So confused. All along I've been thinking I got genital herpes, now I think I have oral too. So you can get oral herpes just through kissing, even if the person doesn't have a visible sore? Also, what are the symptoms of the oral herpes - just blisters around the mouth? Or can Herpes 1 also cause the genital symptoms I've been experiencing? I'm just trying to figure out if I have one or the other, or both. I took blood tests yesterday but I won't know for a few weeks (possibly a few months) so I want to have a better understanding in the meantime. What should I do about the sores on my lip?

Old 02-16-2005, 10:46 AM   #2
(male)

lodoka HB User
Re: Confused Herpes 1 vs. 2

Yea you can get herpes 1 to your vaginal. Based on your question, it seems like this is your first ob, and yes herpes can make you feel sick.

Take 2000 MG of Lysin
Please Super Lysin Cream on with cotton swab.
Take 1000 Mg of Vitaminc C
Take RedMarine Alierga.

If you take those for three days straight, all of your ob should go away quick quick.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2005, 03:49 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

beaker24 HB User
Re: Confused Herpes 1 vs. 2

Lodoka is right. You can certainly get HSV1 genitally. I have it both genitally and orally. If you have been kissing, and receiving oral sex from, someone with HSV1, then this could explain both your oral and genital symptoms.

A person does not need to have an active HSV1 sore to pass on the virus. A person with HSV1 "asymptomatic sheds" - i.e., is contagious - anything up to 1/5th of the time when they don't have a cold sore. The reason that this figure is not as alarming as it seems is that most adults in fact have oral HSV1 (a majority probably don't know it) - most don't get symptoms. If someone who already has HSV1 is exposed to asymptomatic shedding, the antibodies they have in their system will usually protect them from reinfection genitally, and they will not contract the virus in their mouths again seeing as it is already there...

Unfortunately it sounds like you didn't already have HSV1 and you may have it in both locations. Stay positive though - there could be another explanation for symptoms. I hope you have a type-specific blood test which will tell you whether you have HSV1 or HSV2. If you test positive for HSV1 only, you are likely to have the virus on your mouth and possibly also the genitals, but as the virus "prefers" the oral area, you may not see it on your genitals again.

Closed Thread