It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2005, 05:12 PM   #1
(female)

lemon drop HB User
yeast infection

last week i had a yeast infection, but the whole week before i started the medicine for the infection i scratched down there like crazy. after i took the medicine and was done, i was really sore down there. there is one bump and basically it just looks like a cut that is open and hurts. i have been putting cream on it and its def. helped. i went to my doctor and she looked at it and then tested me for herpes, but the results dont come in for another week, i am going crazy. does anyone think it could be herpes though

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2005, 05:33 PM   #2
(female)

littlebo HB User
Re: yeast infection

Have you had contact with someone who has herpes either on their mouth or genitals? It could possibly be herpes. My orginial ob just looked like a red, raw looking patch of skin that hurt like the dickens (especially when I urinated; sorry to be so graphic). It probably hurt so bad at that time, because the ob was beneath my vagina on my perineum.
When I was first tested it didn't take that long for my results to come back. If I remember correctly it only took about 3 days. You may want to give them a call yourself (i'm sure you're anxious to know). I hope the results turn out negative for you, but if they don't i encourage u to keep reading this board. it has helped me soooooo much to know there are others out there dealing with this and having successful, loving relationships. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2005, 04:44 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

beaker24 HB User
Re: yeast infection

It could be herpes, although severe yeast infections can cause cuts and scratches in the genital area. Yeast infections sometimes appear in conjunction with herpes though (that's what happened for my first OB), so it may be that you are suffering from both.

Ouch, I hope you find out what the problem is!

Closed Thread