It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2005, 04:57 PM   #1
(male)

hoping-its-not HB User
Guys - Help Please!: Inital Ob?

I've been reading ALL over the place, and I know that everyone's symptoms are different, but feel like I really have HSV2.
I found one small pimple yesterday that is not really painful, and I had a sore back muscle(?), but since early this afternoon I've been feeling something new. I am hoping that its really psychosomatic, but of course I fear the worse.

Has anyone here had FREQUENT urination, or at least the feeling that you have to go often? I am trying to discern between this feeling and what might be a mild burning in the shaft.
Here's the kicker - I have had contact with a girl with H, but used a condom. (I know the risks now).
THANKS

Old 02-17-2005, 03:26 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

beaker24 HB User
Re: Guys - Help Please!: Inital Ob?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoping-its-not
I've been reading ALL over the place, and I know that everyone's symptoms are different, but feel like I really have HSV2.
I found one small pimple yesterday that is not really painful, and I had a sore back muscle(?), but since early this afternoon I've been feeling something new. I am hoping that its really psychosomatic, but of course I fear the worse.

Has anyone here had FREQUENT urination, or at least the feeling that you have to go often? I am trying to discern between this feeling and what might be a mild burning in the shaft.
Here's the kicker - I have had contact with a girl with H, but used a condom. (I know the risks now).
THANKS
Well, herpes is often (but not always) painful or itchy and often develops in stages - itchiness, burning, a red spot appearing which turns into a blister, before it heals. Are you seeing anything like this? This is the classic herpes but it can appear in other ways: paper cut, itchy patch of skin, or pimple. The pimple will often, though, be more painful than an ordinary pimple (though sometimes will not be! - this is a tricky virus!!)

At the moment, from what you are describing, herpes does not sound like an issue. It's more relevant that you have slept with someone with H than the symptoms you describe as these don't really sound like herpes. The need to urinate frequently is not particularly associated with herpes. You may have some kind of urinary tract infection.

The best thing to do is to see a doctor and explain your exact symptoms, and / or be tested for herpes to put your mind at rest. If you are concerned about this pimple, the doctor can swab it but if it has been more than 48 hours since the pimple appeared, it's unlikely to be conclusive whether or not you have herpes from this swab. You can also be blood tested, although you will need to wait 12-16 weeks to be confident that the test is accurate (it can take this long for the antibodies to show up in some people, although with most people, it is sooner). A type specific test would be relevant as most people test positive for HSV1 having contracted oral herpes previously (often in childhood).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread