It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2005, 09:24 AM   #1

kierstyn_04 HB User
symptoms with Valtrex

Does anyone here experience weird "feelings" while on Valtrex. Its weird. I was off Valtrex for like 2 months, maybe more. I never got the warning signs of a oncoming OB until like hours before Id feel the tingle, itch or slight pain. So after 3 months I had a OB so I went back on Valtrex. Now I am getting little "tingles" and pains like I am going to get a OB, but I dont. Its like the warning signs that I will get a OB, but I dont or havent yet anyway. The reason for staying on Valtrex was to reduce the risk of spreading it to my partner, but if I am constantly have hte warning signs, I dont know when to abstain or not. uh irritating can anyone out there help me . . .

Old 02-19-2005, 12:44 AM   #2
(male)

lodoka HB User
Re: symptoms with Valtrex

Yea thats normal,. Herpes is trciky.
It happens to me all the time.

Do this. Next time you feel that, take Vitaminc C and E and Valtrax together.

When you feel that crazy feeling, it means Valtrax is working and killing off the virus and avoiding it from poping out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2005, 12:23 PM   #3

kierstyn_04 HB User

Thank you for writing back. I stress over it a lot. But when I get the "feelings" I know to avoid sex, hell Im scared to even do it with a condom durring those times, but on valtrex it happens soooooo often like literally Ill get th etingle once every other hour! Which is depresing, because I dont knwo what to do, so your email made me feel better thank you. I had quit taking it, but now I will try it again one more time. Thanks again.

Old 02-22-2005, 10:38 PM   #4
(male)

lodoka HB User

It seems like you just contracted the virus recently... You will get that itchy type of feeling for couple of months from time you contracted, until your immune system gets hold of it.

You will be fine.. How about otherwise, are you in good health ?

Old 02-23-2005, 07:20 AM   #5

kierstyn_04 HB User

Ive had it for 3 years this month! I was on supressive before, but I went off because I was reading a book that said that if you are on suppressive continuiously then your body cant build up antibodies. SO I went off, it had a point, now I went back on because i am back in a relationship and I want to minimize the chance of passing it to him. It just sucks. When Im on valtrex I get the tingles etc. When Im not I dont get them unless I will be having a OB shortly. Like for example, I had the tingle yesterday which was nothing new, its been that way for about 3 days, then this mroning I have a OB. WHat happens if I would have just chalked it up to the symptoms of valtrex and had sex. Its toooooo stressful. I OB are way way less severe, i only get like 1 sore if that really and its gone in like 3 days, but I just cant tell when they are coming. Is Valtrex really that much of a help in preventing infecting someone else??????

Old 02-27-2005, 02:36 AM   #6

unlucky_guy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kierstyn_04
Ive had it for 3 years this month! I was on supressive before, but I went off because I was reading a book that said that if you are on suppressive continuiously then your body cant build up antibodies. SO I went off, it had a point, now I went back on because i am back in a relationship and I want to minimize the chance of passing it to him. It just sucks. When Im on valtrex I get the tingles etc. When Im not I dont get them unless I will be having a OB shortly. Like for example, I had the tingle yesterday which was nothing new, its been that way for about 3 days, then this mroning I have a OB. WHat happens if I would have just chalked it up to the symptoms of valtrex and had sex. Its toooooo stressful. I OB are way way less severe, i only get like 1 sore if that really and its gone in like 3 days, but I just cant tell when they are coming. Is Valtrex really that much of a help in preventing infecting someone else??????
Taking Valtrex shouldn't cause you to have tingling....its not a side-effect. Maybe you should consider upping your dosage and taking 1000 mg a day? Definitely cool it on the sex if you are having tingling, better safe than sorry.

Old 02-27-2005, 10:04 AM   #7

internet! HB User

I have tingling non stop but havent had an obvious OB. Initially I abstained to give it time to "cool out" but its been almost a year. Eventually I got sick of that. Ive had sex with a few girls and no ones had any signs or symptoms....I think a lot of it is just irritated nerves. I have a hard time believing herpes could be active 24 hours a day nonstop without an eventual immune response.

Closed Thread