It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2005, 10:35 AM   #1

rhonda45 HB User
DMSO/herbal remedies????

I'm doing some research for my daughter who has just found out she has gh. I have naturally seen the web sites for the herbal remedies and the DMSO, has anyone used them and which ones are the best for you... I realize that everyone is different so she will have to experiment some. The Doctor she went to was not really helpful with info. just gave her a pamphlet and a perscription for Valtrix(sp). Right now she is soooo very stressed with college/job/boyfriend/embarrassment/guilt that she is having a hard time coping.. I have printed a lot of the posts from this web site and am sending them to her, also encouraging her to research herself but she just cannot now. The happy couples thread was wonderful.. please keep posting that type of info.. that is the thing that worried her the most. I know you cannot post certain info but are there any other web sites that I need to check. If you can give me a hints perhaps I'll be smart enought to find them. I'm just a mom trying to help her baby... she'll always be my baby no matter how old she gets... (sorry so mushy, I'm still tearfull about all this!!!)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2005, 05:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

backpacker HB Userbackpacker HB User
Re: DMSO/herbal remedies????

I think you are a great, supportive mom.

I've found that the Oil of Oregano, when taken 3x per day for about 3 days as soon as signs of an ob occur, along with garlic tablets and echinacea 3x per day for several days, helps clear up an ob much faster. I also eat more fresh garlic than normal--add it to whatever I'm having. And I sleep as much as I can. Sometimes this same routine will help me avoid an ob if I start as soon as I get any weird leg tingles, etc. But usually if I have gotten myself too tired, I'll get an ob,no matter what.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2005, 06:38 AM   #3

rhonda45 HB User

Thanks Backpacker, I have learned a lot from your posts...

could others please respond
Thanks....
Worried Mom

Old 02-22-2005, 03:31 PM   #4
(male)

Stillhope1 HB User

Check the post called Symptom Releif? I also left a list their of things that will help. I would try the natural stuff first. I am more impressed with what people say about the natural products then anything offered by a Dr. It might take a little while to find what combination works the best for her.
You are a good supportive mother she might be moody and a little scared for a while, it will pass. Once you learn not to stress and find what works for you most days you forget.

Old 02-22-2005, 04:04 PM   #5
(female)

GvilleGirl HB User

Wow, if it wasn't for your name being Rhonda I would think you were my Mom on this site. You sound just like her with this whole Hsv thing.

Old 02-23-2005, 06:34 AM   #6

rhonda45 HB User

I want to thank everyone who responds to this post and to this board. This is a wonderful place for info. I have found so much more info here than any place else. Please keep up the wonderful discussions, I have told my daughter to read this board but she has very little time to read/work/college/homework so I am doing all I can for her.

Closed Thread