It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2005, 10:21 AM   #1
(female)

helpmeplease398 HB User
Ouch...bumps and redness

I have had vaginal irritations that have lasted two months and the doctors can't figure out what it is. After reading posts online, I'm convinced that I have herpes even though I have been to two Dr's and had two swab tests that both came back negative.

Two months ago I started having discharge, itching, and red swelling of my labia. I was treated for a yeast ifection which helped the discharge and the itching, but the red swelling will not go away. Then, about a month ago I noticed three small white bumps on my labia in the center of the redness. I have tried multiple antifungal creams, steroid creams, yeast gard, and a few other things but nothing seems to help. Sometimes I still have itching but mostly I just feel the irritation all of the time.

3 months ago I had a similar problem, I had a small cut develop right next to my ****. The problem healed quickly with antifungal cream and was contained just to that area.

Does anyone have ideas what this could be? My drs both told me I was being paranoid and Ijust havea chronic yeast infection. Has anyone experienced a similar probelm?

Old 02-20-2005, 04:30 PM   #2
(female)

cinnamongirl_9 HB User
Re: Ouch...bumps and redness

Hi. I'm sorry to hear about your discomfort. I'm also not a doctor. But I really, really don't think you have a yeast infection. You could indeed have herpes, even if you haven't been with anyone recently. The disease can remain dormant in your body (in the bone or some tissue or something) for quite a while. My advice is to go to a gyn (a recommendation from a family member or friend) and have another test done. Before the results even come back from the lab, the doctor can prescribe medication for you. If they help, great. If not, you will move on to something else. But be firm in wanting something to hopefully get rid of your symptoms. Famvir is great- works quickly (approx 5 days) and needs to be taken only twice a day. Zovorax is also helpful, but requires more dosages per day and must be taken for 7 days strait. Zovorax also comes in cream form to be applied directly to the area causing you the most pain. Valtrex is another option.

Don't live with your pain any longer. Make an appointment as soon as you can. Best of luck to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2005, 04:35 PM   #3

XXRubyCubeXX HB User

that sounds like more than just a yeast infection. i cant tell u have herpes but i can tell u that herpes symptoms come and go and can include discharge, open sores, small cuts, bumps, irritation and itching so it does sound like u have it. i cant say why the results have come back negative but i know some blood results are not that accurate and if you have an open sore your best bet would be to get a culture sample on it and have it tested to see if it is herpes. as for being paranoid, its better that you try to figure out what it is now then ignore it and possibly spread it to others. good luck and dont freak out, herpes is a virus with no cure but there is treatment that helps to reduce the symptoms and outbreaks tend to decrease over time in most people.

Old 02-21-2005, 02:41 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

beaker24 HB User

This could well be a chronic yeast infection, but I agree with cinnamongirl that you should perhaps try and see if suppressive therapy for herpes helps the symptoms.

Have you been blood tested for herpes?

Last edited by beaker24; 02-21-2005 at 04:48 PM. Reason: To make my question clearer!

Old 02-21-2005, 04:44 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

backpacker HB Userbackpacker HB User

It also could be a bacterial infection of the vagina. Those are really hard to get rid of. Do you know if the swabs were examined for anything other than herpes?

Closed Thread