It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2005, 08:40 AM   #1
(female)

confused05 HB User
still don't know if i have herpes

So it's been 2 weeks now, and I'm still feeling sore, itchy, burning, and pains down below. I've seen the gyn 3 times, and she said there are no visible signs of herpes. I was treated for a yeast infection, but the 1st pill of Diflucan didn't work, so I'm on my 2nd dose. I'm convinced I have a herpes because I've had yeast infections before and never had these types of symptoms (only itchiness in the past, no burning-pain-soreness). My blood test results were negative, but that was only a week after possible infection, so of course it's going to be negative ... I hear it takes several months for herpes to show up in a blood test. How long does it take for blisters to appear with herpes? Can they appear in the 3rd week? Or do they usually show up right away? Is it possible to have my symptoms for 2 weeks and no visible bumps or blisters? Has anyone experienced anything similar to this?? Can yeast infections really cause the symptoms I have, or does it sound more like herpes??

Old 02-22-2005, 09:46 AM   #2

ottawaguy HB User
Re: still don't know if i have herpes

Not a girl so I can't really comment on the yeast infection question but I can say that for many people blisters or bumps never appear when they are having an outbreak. For some people it may just look like a rash and be very itchy. not sure if this is overly helpful but wanted to point out that people have many different symptoms that don't fall under the common criteria as listed by doctors.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2005, 02:13 PM   #3

girl interrupte HB User

Hi! I just talked to a girlfriend today who told a very similar story. She was diagnosed with a bladder infection first, then a yeast infection and finally herpes. The best advice offered on this page is to request a culture of the suspected area. Also, you may be having an outbreak inside you. If the sores are inside your vagina, they can cause the symptoms you are describing and obviously they won't be visible. Be persistant with your doctor and request the culture of your pelvic region. Eat lots of good stuff like fruits and veggies and take a herbal immune system enhancer. Good luck!

Old 02-24-2005, 08:20 AM   #4
(female)

confused05 HB User

but if the sores are inside the vagina, wouldn't the gynecologist be able to see them?? i went to the gyn 3 times ...

she's treating me for a bacterial infection right now, but didn't think it was that (doing so just in case). she wouldn't treat me for herpes unless she knew for sure. i'll have to wait 3 months to find out. meanwhile, it's been 19 days and nothing's changed - still feel itching, burning, soreness, sharp pains, stinging ... i'm convinced it's herpes.

how long does the initial outbreak last?? shouldn't it go away soon?!? like i said, it's been 19 days! anything i can do to get back to normal soon??

Closed Thread