It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2005, 12:34 PM   #1
(female)

youngone7 HB User
symptom relief?

well im pretty sure i have herpes because i started gettin real red and itchy on my vagina, but i thought it would jsut go away or i assumed that worst case scenario would be a yeast infection. then i started to get flu symptoms (sore throat, headach, musle aches, chills, fever, etc) at about the same time i started gettin these really painful bumps all over down there and at first they didnt really bother me, i was just in shock. the thing is, i have only been with one person and he has been tested before, and was tested negative. anyways (sorry im just really frustrated and nervous), they are so painful and there are so many. it hurts to walk, sit down, anything. ESPECIALLY when i pee, it stings soooo bad. can anyone explain why all of a sudden they are so painful? and can someone PLEASE tell me some things i can do on my own to relieve pain because my appointment is not for about a week and i dont know how much longer i can handle this. im so scared right now, and would really appreciate some advice on this.

Old 02-22-2005, 02:23 PM   #2
(male)

Stillhope1 HB User
Re: symptom relief?

I will try and be as much help as I can on this. I have never tried it but I have read if you take a warm bath with epsom salt this will help with the pain.
As for prevention here is a small list that might help and speed recovery.
1) Oil of oregano
2) Olive leaf extract 20% Oleuropein
3) Grapfruit seed extract
4) A lemon Juice salt pack
5) DMSO
6) Hydrogen Peroxide-Topically
7) L-lysine
8) Indole3-Carbonol
9) Red sea Algae

As far on the sudden attack of it, you might want to look at your partner if you have only been with one person.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2005, 02:59 PM   #3
(female)

GvilleGirl HB User

This might sound gross but when I had my outbreak is was the only way I could go to the bathroom. First I stopped drinking everything except water because the salt in the drinks made going to the bathroom a bizillion times worse. But If I was home and had to go to the bathroom I would turn on the warm water in the tub sit in there and go to the bathroom, the warm water didn't make it hurt half as bad. If your out of your house such as work, I worked at a hotel the time of my outbreak but I took a cup of warm/hot water and poured it on me while I went. Sorry kinda gross but I was desperate and that worked

Old 02-22-2005, 08:12 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

backpacker HB Userbackpacker HB User

Put garlic oil on it--that's real soothing. Get a very small, airtight container. Cut up one clove of garlic (that's just one of the pieces on a head of garlic that you can buy very cheaply at the grocery store produce section.) into a few chunks. Put that in the container and cover with extra-virgin olive oil. Let it sit about two hours with the lid on. Now you can swab it very gently (I use a q-tip) onto the sore area. Throw the q-tip away, in a baggie if the smell is too strong for you, and cover the garlic oil again. You can leave it right where you'll use it--no need to refrigerate. You can swab it on as often as you want.

When you pee, I've heard squirting warm water near your urethra as the pee is coming out helps dilute it. Your pee is acidic and is burning the open sores.

It does sound like herpes, but I've also had a bacterial vaginal infection that gave me red sore bumps, swelling, and itchiness.

People don't always know that they have herpes--some have symptoms so mild that they don't notice. You can also get herpes genitally if someone gives you oral sex when he has a cold sore on his mouth. Are you sure he was tested for herpes specifically? Because herpes is not included in the normal STD workup--you have to request it specifically. And, of course, the test results can be wrong sometimes.

I hope you feel better soon. If it is herpes, the primary outbreak is the worst. You can also take garlic pills orally and eat lots of fresh garlic, and take echinacea (I use the drops) for two weeks, 3x a day, to boost your immune system. And then come back here and read all you can to get lots of other ideas for controlling this.

We all know how you feel because we've been through it. You'll go through shock and depression and anger if this is herpes, but try to get through it--it does change your life somewhat, but doesn't have to have the huge impact that you think it does right now. I've had it for about 15 years now and have had a great life, have had children, have gotten rid of a bad husband (nothing to do with herpes) and found a wonderful soulmate who doesn't have herpes, even after 13 years together.

If it's bacterial, you need not only an antibiotic, but something to reestablish the correct balance in your vagina. I bought some probiotics at the health food store and took it for a while. That always seems to be a good thing to do, anyway.

Let us know what happens!

Closed Thread